DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Private Showcase Artists
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Example! - The Weavers Locked Topic 0 J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International The Weavers Contact Info Phone: 816-555-5555 Email: noreply@folk.org Category of Folk: Traditional Location: New York Description of Music We're an American folk music quartet based in the Greenwich Village area of New York City. We sing traditional folk songs from around the world, as well as blues, gospel music, children's songs, labor songs, and American ballads.  We'd love to play your private showcase, contact us! Check out our website for more info.
by J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Instructions - Read this if you want to get booked. Locked Topic 0 J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International The purpose of this forum is to provide a list of artists, regularly updated, and sent to private showcase presenters for review. The presenters are sent a digest of the new posts every week to review. Before you create a post for your act, read the instructions below and review the "Example - Weavers" post. Step 1: To create a post for your act, sign into your profile, go to the forum page (under NEWS) and click "New Topic".    *In the digest sent to presenters, the first thing you type gets sent to them in a condensed version, so we recommend the following template to get your info to presenters clearly. See the "Example! - The Weavers" post. Step 2: Subject: Your Act's Name Step 3: Attach Video: Paste the embed code from your video (Optional) Step 4: Contact Phone, Contact Email, Category of Folk, Location Step 5: A Biography or description of your music and a link to your website or EPK.   In order to keep presenters from being flooded and overwhelmed by artist emails, we do not post contact info for the presenters. This post is your best line of communication with them. Make sure to check for errors, and monitor your contact information closely. Good Luck! ~ FAI Team
by J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Emily White 0 E. White   Contact Phone: 617-835-9732 Contact Email:emily@emily-white.com Category of Folk: folk/rock Location: Chicago, IL  Hi Folk Alliance!  I'm looking forward to sharing another great conference with you next year. Some info about me:  Independent folk-rock touring singer/songwriter Emily White has been described as standing out “conspicuously from the pack…with her hushed, preternaturally haunting vocal delivery (and bewitching sense of indie-rock-informed melody” (Connect Savannah). She has released four albums to date, the most recent being the Kai Welch-produced LP “Staking Flags in the Valley.”  In creating her show, she “adds an infusion of humor, audibly diverse musical influences and a truly singular sound that may leave even the most severe folk cynics entertained.” (Asheville Citizen-Times) She is based out of Chicago, but travels regularly throughout the US, captivating crowds with her unique voice and favorite Martin guitar, bringing her Southern roots and Midwestern charm to each city she visits.  Emily was named a Telluride Troubadour Finalist in 2015, and also a Finalist in the International Acoustic Music Awards that same year.  She is currently working on her 5th release, and tours regularly in the Midwest and yearly in the Northeast.   You can find out more at www.emily-white.com.     Thank you for all of your hard work as showcase hosts!  I know it's a lot of juggling and we all appreciate it very much!   emily  
by E. White
3 hours ago
Raven and Red 0 Raven and Red Contact Info Phone: 706-338-5484 Email: ravenandredmusic@gmail.com Website: ravenandred.com Category of Folk: Contemporary Folk/Americana Location: Nashville Description of Music Raven and Red is an award-winning Americana and folk music group based in Nashville, TN. Originally from Georgia and Pennsylvania, Raven and Red is comprised of Brittany Lynn Jones, Mitchell Lane, and Cole King. They strive to reach audiences through their recordings and live performances, highlighted by eloquent vocals and expressive instrumental arrangements. Their innovative songwriting style is influenced by artists across multiple genres, including country, Celtic, classical, rock, and American folk music. We are returning to Kansas City for the FAI Conference in February 2018. We are interested in meeting new folks and adding a few more private showcase performances to our schedule. If you have any availability or want to meet us in person at the conference, please reach out to us! Our latest CD, We Rise Up, is being released in February to coincide with the conference. The album features our first full-length release of original music. Feel free to check out our press release below! Press Release: http://www.markpuccimedia.com/?p=2962
by Raven and Red
11 hours ago
Carol Markstrom seeking showcases 0 C. Markstrom Hello, I’m an award-winning singer-songwriter based out of Tucson with my songs reflecting the Western Roots tradition along with nods to Outlaw Country.  Many of my original songs tell stories about engaging people, places, and events of the Western U.S., with some drawing from my non-fiction writing and personal experiences in Native American communities. I have two highly praised CDs released and a third, titled Desert Rose, was just recorded in Nashville. I expect to have that new CD with me at FAI.  This year, I received a scholarship to attend FAI for the first time, and I was also a first-timer at SERFA and SWRFA where I performed in several in-room showcases at both conventions.  Another highlight of 2017 was completing my third consecutive tour in Alaska which included performing at Salmonfest—the largest outdoor music gathering in Alaska. Thank you for your consideration, Carol www.carolmarkstrommusic.com Phone or text: 304-216-2551 2017: Crossing Borders Album of the Year, Rural Roots Music Commission 2015: Awarded Western Female Vocalist of the Year, Academy of Western Artists and nominated for 2016 and 2017! 2015 & 2017: Official Showcase Artist, Western Music Association, Albuquerque
by C. Markstrom
14 hours ago
Farrel Droke - Oklahoma Songwriter 0 F. Droke SEEKING GENEROUS SHOWCASE HOSTS Category of Folk Music: Americana Contact Info: Email: fdroke@gmail.com Cell: 405-209-4800 Website: http://www.farreldroke.com Stuff About Farrel: Farrel waited a while to start life in the music business after having had a full career as an Engineer and entrepreneur. His broad interests help create the depth of experiences needed to write decent lyrics. He is a Vietnam Era Veteran and has written a few songs about that experience. His songs are heartfelt, sometimes goofy, and sometimes Irish. Farrel’s sound is a mish-mash of Willy Nelson, Gordon Lightfoot, and John Denver. He has performed in several “The Art of the Protest Song” concerts mainly on the West Coast and, upcoming, at the Woody Guthrie Center in Tulsa, OK. He has performed at the Norman Music Festival for several years. Farrel was a performer in the Freedom Folkers Room last year at the 2017 FAI. He has a couple of songwriting accolades:  His song, “Needle and Thread” was awarded an Honorable Mention in the July / August 2009 American Songwriter Magazine Lyric Contest. “Hard Times” won an Honorable Mention in the 2011 Woody Guthrie Songwriting Competition. Farrel Droke is from Norman, Oklahoma. Farrel has three CDs: Kileigh by the Sea, Illusion of a Fool (an EP), and Magnet in My Heart released in 2017. Unlike many Folk Alliance attendees, Farrel Droke rarely wears a hat.
by F. Droke
Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Luke Callen-21st Century Folk seeking showcase 0 L. Callen Contact (phone): 608-317-9403 Contact (email): lukecallenmusic@gmail.com Category of Folk: 21st Century Folk-New Folk Location: Sometimes Wisconsin-Sometimes Colorado-always in my Chevy Astro Van. Website: http://www.lukecallen.com/ Bio: Luke Callen is a hard-driving, finger-style guitar picker originally from the small river town of La Crosse, WI-in the heart of the Driftlessregion.  Pulling from the traditions of American folk, blues, and country music, Luke has one foot in the past and one foot in the here and now-crafting songs of people, places, and time in all of its forms. From the Mississippi Valley, learning by ear the songs of Harry Smith’s Anthology of American Folk Music, to campfires, classrooms, honky tonks and clubs across the country, Luke brings his humble sense of humor and humanity to any ear that will listen. With his guitars, harmonicas, and banjo in tow, Luke has played hundreds of shows spanning both coasts, the American west, south and heartland.  He has had the opportunity to provide direct support for Dom Flemons, The Dustbowl Revival, Kacy & Clayton, James McMurtry, Whiskey Shivers, Charlie Parr, The Lowest Pair, The Last Revel, Lilly Hiatt, Chicago Farmer, and Robbie Fulks among others. “I’ll Take it With Me” revels in the past while ever existing in the here and now. It’s sound is reminiscent of the timeless coffeehouse recordings; Townes Van Zandt, Dave Van Ronk, John Prine, and Blaze Foley come to mind”- Big Takeover-Brooklyn, NY Thank you for your time and consideration. Luke Callen    
by L. Callen
Amanda Standalone looking to Rock out at Folk Alliance 0 A. Nygard           Amanda Standalone is a writer,folk musician and multi-instrumentalist from Minnesota. Standalone has released two albums of her original music, Millions of Blackbirds (2010), which bears the Title track Bird flew Hard for the HBO documentary ‘Paycheck to Paycheck: The Life and Times of Katrina Gilbert,’ and Trouble (2014), funded in part by a grant from the Lakes Region Arts Council. Her music is a soulful blend of acoustic folk/blues strongly influenced by American Roots music. Currently, Standalone is working on her 3rd album and performing around the midwest.
by A. Nygard
Natalia Zukerman 0 N. Zukerman Contact Phone:917-415-3030 Contact Email: taliazuk@yahoo.com Category of Folk:Jazz, Blues, Folk, Americana Location: Brooklyn, NY   Musician, painter and educator Natalia Zukerman grew up in New York City, studied art at Oberlin, started her mural business Off The Wall in San Francisco, began her songwriting career in Boston, and now resides, writes, plays, teaches and paints in Brooklyn, NY. Having released seven independent albums on Weasel Records and her own label Talisman Records, Zukerman has toured internationally as a solo performer since 2005. She has also accompanied and opened for some of acoustic music’s greats such as Janis Ian, Willy Porter, Susan Werner, Erin McKeown, Shawn Colvin, Ani DiFranco, Richard Thompson, Tom Paxton and many others. Alongside her touring career, Zukerman continues to paint private and public murals as well as illustrate children’s books, design and paint sets for plays in New York City and paint private portrait commissions. Natalia teaches private songwriting lessons and has taught at Sisters Song School, Red Rocks Womens Music Festival, Winnipeg Folk Festival, Interlochen Summer Music Program and other festivals and locations throughout the US and in Canada. In February, 2017, Natalia became a Cultural Diplomat for the US Department of State, playing concerts and conducting workshops with her group The Northern Lights throughout Africa. “Natalia’s voice could send an orchid into bloom while her guitar playing can open a beer bottle with its teeth.” –New Yorker “a strutting brass band one minute, a sighing lover the next.” –The Boston Globe I'd love to play your showcase! Many Thanks
by N. Zukerman
Katie Dahl Seeking Showcases 0 K. Dahl Hey!  I'm Katie Dahl, a singer-songwriter based in Door County, WI. Karen Impola ("The Folk Tree," Iowa Public Radio) says, "Katie Dahl’s music combines a love for her rural midwestern roots, a droll wit, and a clear-eyed appraisal of modern life, all served up in a voice as rich as cream." I'm coming to Folk Alliance again this year, this time with my husband, Rich Higdon, on upright bass (and occasionally spoons/washboard). I'm fresh off a #15 album on Folk DJ (October 2017) and would love to play your showcase!  Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rds6PV2i7wM Contact me if you're interested: katie@katiedahlmusic.com or (920) 495-2862. Thanks! Katie Dahl Waterbug Recording Artist #15 Album, Folk DJ Charts ("Solid Ground," 2017) Falcon Ridge Folk Festival Emerging Artist (2015) #1 Song, Folk DJ Charts (“Crowns,” 2015) #6 Album, Folk DJ Charts (Ordinary Band, 2015) Folk Festival on WDCB #1 Album of 2015 (Ordinary Band) Top 30 Albums of 2015, Indiana Public Radio (Ordinary Band) Great River Folk Festival Songwriting Contest, 2nd Place (2013) Indiana Public Radio WVPE Top 25 Albums of 2012 Wisconsin Singer-Songwriter Series Songwriting Contest, 2nd Place (2012) Big Top Chautauqua Songwriter of the Year (2010)
by K. Dahl
Molly Venter & Goodnight Moonshine 0 M. Venter   Contact Phone: 512-569-3384 Contact Email: molly@redmolly.com Category of Folk: Indie Folk Pop Location: New Haven, CT Molly Molly Venter (of Red Molly) & Eben Pariser (of Roosevelt Dime) explore relationship - particularly post-honeymoon, post-child relationship - in all it's heart opening and door slamming glory. The new album "I'm the only one who will tell you, you're bad" releases in February. "Funny, smart, sexual, raw, honest, mature, witty" -says our parents. We'd love to bring our trio to your showcase! Many Thanks
by M. Venter
Monday, December 11, 2017
Amelie Patterson Poet Laureate and Song writer Debuts at FAI 2018 0 A. Patterson Hailing from Banff, Alberta, and serving as the town’s first Poet Laureate, Amelie Patterson leads as a strong ambassador for women songwriters. She would love to be considered for a showcase in your room at 2018 FAI. Below is a bio - stream her album at https://soundcloud.com/ameliepattersonmusic/sets/roll-honey-roll-1 or check out her website at www.ameliepattersonmusic.com   The clear-voiced, honest and tenacious troubadour’s music traverses territories from blues to folk rock. Her debut album Roll Honey Roll was released in May 2016 at Canadian Music Week, and went on to win YYC Alternative Recording of The Year in 2017. Patterson then took to the road touring across Canada hitting stages at Calgary Folk Music Festival, The Banff Centre for Creative Arts, TED Talks, as well as small venues across Alberta and BC. The first single off the album, “Tic Tac Blues” was featured in 509 Productions winter edit for pro snowmobile competitor Nadine Overwater. On the story behind the music, Patterson explains:   “It’s about pushing yourself to keep going after what you love, no matter how tough. I love the chorus ‘step baby step, you move just like the rest, until you roll honey roll and do what you do best’. It’s about taking baby steps towards your dreams, and being so authentically you that it’s all you can be”.   As an aspiring performer, songwriter and producer, Patterson is constantly working towards her career goals. Over the past 4 years, the aspiring songstress has completed two music residencies at the Banff Centre for Creative Arts, Canada’s Music Incubator’s Artist Entrepreneur Program, Judy Stakee’s Songwriting Retreat and featured in Air Canada's Enroute Magazine.   Patterson has been involved with not-for-profits advocating for mental health and addiction, including The Prophets of Music, Pink Shirt Day, and I Will Survive. In 2016, Patterson’s residency with the Banff Centre produced a collaborative initiative with other artists to fundraise for The Prophets of Music Society. Participating artists have been writing, filming, and recording music in anticipation of the launch in 2018, where 100% of proceeds from online sales will be directed to the society.   Patterson is currently writing and working on a comprehensive new recording project that will include collaborations with musicians and producers from all over the country. She performs with her band based in Calgary, Alberta.
by A. Patterson
Logan McKillop 0 L. McKillop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc7yYyLh9X0   Genre: Storytelling Prairie Folk Location: Onanole, Manitoba, Canada Website: www.loganmckillop.com Phone: (204) 848-0344 Email: loganmckillop@hotmail.com   "Logan is a songwriter who connects with audiences...putting himself in others' shoes and singing stories that could have easily been theirs" - Broose Tulloch, UMFM Logan McKillop is a songwriter, guitarist and storyteller from the small town of Onanole, Manitoba, Canada. Between touring from coast to coast throughout Canada, having released an impressive 20 song debut album, and being a sought-after accompanist/recording artist, Logan is quickly becoming a staple in Manitoba’s folk/roots music scene. "If you want to know what contemporary Canadian Prairie roots music sounds like, listen to this album" - Barry Hammond, Penguin Eggs Being a modern day traveling troubadour, Logan has covered a lot of ground with no signs of slowing down. From the open roads of Canada, the highlands of Scotland, to the rugged tundra of Baffin Island, Logan's travels and experiences continue to shape his ever-expanding catalogue of sound. With a tune for every occasion, whether it’s a raucous Saturday night or a quiet Sunday afternoon, his honest storytelling and gifted musicianship will leave you captivated. Logan is currently recording his sophomore album which is set to be released in the summer of 2018.   Press Kit: https://loganmckillop.com/press-kit (password is "anchorless") Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/loganmckillopmusic/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/loganmckillop/
by L. McKillop
Back In The Saddle 0 L. Robertson Back In The Saddle is a Western Music band based in the Atlanta, GA area. We do Western Swing, Classic Cowboy songs, TV/Movie Western themes and originals written in the Western style. We strive to preserve and expand this great American musical genre. We recently received the Best Traditional Western Music CD award from the National Traditional Country Music Association, for our live CD "Born To Be Branded". Our shows are energetic and fun for all ages. Back In The Saddle will be attending and showcasing at FAI 2018. We currently have several showcases scheduled (Georgia Room, SERFA Room, Access Film Music Rooms and Casey Jones Festival Room). We are looking for one or two additional showcase slots, particularly on Saturday afternoon Feb. 17. We can be contacted at pinetreemusic1@gmail.com And here is a fun little ditty that we did as Back In The Saddle's submission to the NPR Tiny Desk Concert. http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueVN8Bdu-vs/ And here is the link to a performance video of the band, in case the attachment does not get you there. http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCBP5BqGtQo
by L. Robertson
Sunday, December 10, 2017
Dan Martin 0 D. Martin Americana/Folk Music www.danmartinband.com contact@danmartinband.com 918-899-4084 Hometown: Tulsa, OK   Over the past four years, I feel profoundly fortunate to have played gigs to the west coast, to the east coast, and over seas. I will be privileged share my songs at your private showcase!   -Dan-
by D. Martin
Saturday, December 9, 2017
BrownRandy (Randy Brown) Seeking Showcases 0 R. Brown BrownRandy   Contact Info ——————— Phone: 903 571 2374 Website: http://brownrandy.com Email: randy@brownrandy.com Category of Folk:  Original Americana Location: Mineola, TX Description of Music:  The unlikely musical love child of Will Rogers & Roger Miller disguised as award winning original Americana folk from the Upper East Side of Texas. Stories and songs filled with sadness, loneliness, dread, wonder, joy, humor, philosophy and maybe even tiny tad of that subtle southern smart-ass. Award winning singer/songwriter BrownRandy (Randy Brown), will guide you through his rich inner world to a spot where the wide open spaces of the West meet the mossy confines of the South and all it's mysteries are laid bare.    Breaking News: Just chosen as a 2018 Finalist in the South Florida Folk Festival Songwriting Competition   I would love to play your private showcase, contact me! Check out my WEBSITE for more info.
by R. Brown
Friday, December 8, 2017
Amber Ikeman - Spirited, Earthy Folk Songstress 0 A. Ikeman Website: www.amberikeman.com Contact: amber@amberikeman.com Category of Folk: contemporary, singer/songwriter, Americana Location: Bozeman, MT Bio: Amber Ikeman’s music carries audiences across the open spaces of the American West and into the depths of their souls. By turns innocent and worldly, gritty and inspired, peaceful and powerful, her songs tell stories of self-discovery, resilience, and wildness, with a soulful tone ranging from a husky chest voice to a bell-clear soprano. When she turned 25, Amber quit a professional job in her Florida hometown, sold everything that didn’t fit in her car, and drove across the country solo for the first time to live in Yellowstone National Park and work as a dishwasher. It was the inspiration for her debut album, “Free," named one of Southwest Montana's top local albums of 2015. She will release her second album embark on a cross-country tour in January 2018. “I felt so deeply moved by Amber’s words and her stories. She tugs at your soul like not many artists can. Without a doubt, a concert by Amber is not to be missed.”– Analucia Lopezrevoredo, Moishe House San Francisco I would love to play your showcase room. Looking forward to meeting you! p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; font: 14.0px 'Trebuchet MS'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 10.0px 0.0px; font: 14.0px 'Trebuchet MS'; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}
by A. Ikeman
Friday, December 8, 2017
Cuñao - Latin/World Folk 0 Cuñao   Cuñao Contact Info Phone:646-573-3142 Email: info@cunaomusic.com Category of Folk:Latin/World Folk Location: Los Angeles, CA Description of Music Cuñao is a Los Angeles-based, Latin Folk group . They use their South American background & influences to create evocative, poetic songs that transcend time and leave listeners with lush images. A group of multi-ethnic musicians, Cuñao puts a global twist on their Latin sound by exploring African rhythms, Eastern European melodies and American Rock aesthetics.
by Cuñao
Thursday, December 7, 2017
Ben Brosh - Americana Singer/Songwriter 0 B. Brosh Contact Info Email: ben.brosh.music@gmail.com Website: N/A Category of Folk: Americana/Blues/Songwriter Location: Fort Collins, CO     Description of Music I am an Americana Singer/Songwriter based out of Fort Collins, Colorado. For the past 5 years, traveling around the United States in an old VW Westfalia, playing music with the Folk Rock trio The Coteries was my life. In 2018, I will be turning a new leaf and staying put, focusing on growing within the local Northern Colorado folk scene as a solo performer. I look forward to testing these strange new waters of singing my songs, telling my stories and testing my creativity (I have a tendency to make songs up on the spot using audience topic suggestions; see link below).    " In a modern age of music, Ben Brosh hearkens back to the roots of Americana and Folk. His music recollects what it truly means to be human- the hardships and joys that define every soul, with lyrics as honest as an adage.  Ben captures audiences with stories worth remembering and songs worth singing. "      I would love the opportunity to play your showcase! Thank you!   More Videos https://youtu.be/2bm1P0Oj2GM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKkJHx9IHkE&t=90s  
by B. Brosh
Richie Ros - Irish Singer Songwriter 0 R. Ros Richie Ros - Fairytales   Contact Info Email: richierosmusic@gmail.com Website:  http://www.richieros.com Category of Folk: Singer Songwriter Location: Ireland    Other Music Videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsBZd7Zu0R0. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ytCdJV0_w https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQgaEclbdPfuDscevcLZPJQ   Short Bio The life story of Richie Ros is a testament to the human spirit and to the cathartic healing nature of music. Despite the trauma of his early years and growing up in an state run orphanage Richie has refused to let his past define him. Richie had no control over past events in his life but the one thing he did have control over was his attitude.    Fate found him David Odlum, Grammy Award winning producer formerly of The Frames, who agreed to co-produce his Debut album in his Black box studio in France. The album fittingly called Odyssey – the journey of a young boy who in spite of all the odds stacked against him had worked to create his own fairytale. The music in his soul had, in his own words, finally “set him free”.    Now Richie’s debut EP has been released with tracks including "Fairytales", "Strange Mentality", "To Infinity and Beyond" and "Sweet Serenade".    "Strange Mentality" has received wide radio play on RTE Radio 1, Spin SouthWest, Classic Hits 4FM, Kfm, Radio Kerry, Live 95FM, DublinCityFM and Kiss FM Portugal. Richie continues to regularly tour all across Europe were he is steadily growing a loyal fanbase   I had the pleasure of meeting and interviewing Richie Ros on my long running solid gold show on Portugal's Kiss FM. Richie performed live on spec and the feedback has been brilliant. Such comments as "This guy is something special", "What chord sequences" and "Touching lyrics". Totally complementary of this ultra talented man. Sir Owen Gee - Kiss FM Portugal I Had The Pleasure Of s "This Guy Is Something Special", "What Chord Sequences" And "Touching Lyrics". Totally Complementary his Ultra Talented Man. Sir Owen Gee - Kiss FM P Website; http://www.richieros.com Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/richierosofficial/ Instagram; https://www.instagram.com/richierosmusic/
by R. Ros

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal