One benefit for organizations that are members of Folk Alliance is the Group Exemption Program (GEP), which allows organizations to receive 501(c)3 charitable status from the Internal Revenue Service under the umbrella of Folk Alliance International.
Member organizations who wish to apply for the GEP or renew their GEP status must have the following documents:
- A comprehensive list of all governing body members, including contact information.
- A copy of board minutes from the latest General Annual Meeting.
- A copy of board minutes from the latest meeting, if different from the latest General Annual Meeting.
- A summary of annual activities.
- A copy of the organization's most recent financial statement.
- A copy of the organization's most recent IRS form 990.
- State certificate or documentation that the organization is in good standing.
- A copy of the organization's organizing documents and by-laws (if updated since last year).
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - general liability insurance and D&O (directors and officers) insurance is highly recommended to protect your organization, and to protect each individual serving on the board from personal liability on behalf of an un-insured organization. This is state, national, and international best practice.
To access the online renewal form, click here. (You will be prompted to log in to your organization's FAI account.)