Current Position Open at Folk Alliance International:
Job – Communications Coordinator
Folk Alliance International is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated communications professional to join our team. You will be responsible for building and implementing a strategic communications plan for FAI, focused on the organization’s five-day annual conference, awards show, music camp, and festival. The position is also responsible for promoting FAI from a marketing and communications perspective; planning and managing a comprehensive range of efforts aimed at building local and national awareness, achieving attendance goals and building new audiences.
Day-to-day, you will work closely with the Director of Operations and the Executive Director, as well as all members of the small open-concept office team. The position maintains standard work week hours and requires some evening and weekend work, especially leading up to and during the annual conference.
Highest professional standards regarding formatting, grammar, spelling and representation of a leading international cultural organization are paramount.
Office - the Communications Coordinator will:
· Oversee all accounts, contracts, and vendors related to marketing;
· Daily administrative tasks, phone and email correspondence;
· Manage timely submission of all required files, documents, and contracts;
· Maintenance of FAI social media accounts and website;
· Develop and deliver monthly e-news;
· Oversee Press Release schedule and develop content; and
· Draft and/or design in-house materials.
Conference - the Communications Coordinator will:
· Manage the logistics and scheduling of all onsite communications;
· Support the Media Room operations;
· Document and post in real time key conference activity; and
· Manage all social media activity and campaign.
Additionally, the Communications Coordinator will:
· Ensure the Director of Operations and the Executive Director are aware of all marketing timelines, obligations, opportunities, and deadlines; and
· Represent FAI at local and regional events.
As part of a small office all FAI employees are expected to support the organization in a team approach, lending support as needed to projects and activities that may not fall within the described scope of the position.
These additional duties and any revision of this job description are at the discretion of the Director of Operations and/or the Executive Director.
· Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, or Marketing and one (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience in music, cultural, and/or non-profit organizations or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Superior language communications skills, particularly, but not exclusively in a written capacity (both writing and editing), including ability to create press releases, web content, knowledge of social media tactics;
· Superior marketing skills, including planning and execution of event campaigns, monitoring and analyzing campaign results and developing all materials used to support the campaign;
· Knowledge of the music industry is a plus;
· Solid knowledge of the marketing/communications environment in Kansas City, and nationally;
· Experience in all aspects of digital marketing;
· An independent, self-motivated, and collaborative team member;
· Direct experience in working with journalists and the media on a regional and national level;
· Demonstrate initiative and sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills with superior planning and acute attention to detail; and
· Ability to prioritize, with quick and efficient decision making and to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment as part of a very busy team environment.
Benefits include medical coverage, vacation, sick leave, personal days, and parking.
$27,000 to $35,000, Commensurate with Education and Experience
Friday, May 20, 2016 by 5 p.m.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, work sample (press release, newsletter, etc.) and three professional references via email to Jennifer Roe, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please enter Communications Coordinator in the subject line when applying.
Folk Alliance International is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.