FAI exists to nurture, engage and empower the international folk music community — traditional and contemporary, amateur and professional — through education, advocacy and performance.
1. Education - To increase understanding of the rich variety, artistic value, cultural and historical significance, and continuing relevance of folk music and dance among educators, media, and the general public.
2. Networking - To provide a bridge to and from folk music and dance organizations and needed resources, and to help those organizations link with their constituencies.
3. Advocacy - To influence decision makers and resource providers on the national, state, provincial, and local levels, insuring the growth of folk music and dance.
4. Field Development - To support and encourage the development of new and existing grassroots folk music and dance organizations.
5. Professional Development - To strengthen the effectiveness of folk music and dance organizations by providing professional development opportunities.
6. Consumer Development - To build a stronger consumer base by identifying and involving current and potential folk music consumers and players through programs, marketing, and outreach.
9/21/2016FAI E-News September 2016
7/15/2016FAI E-News July 2016
7/5/2016Nominations for Board Candidates