DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
McKain Lakey
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

10/3/2019 at 4:50:54 PM GMT
McKain Lakey

Phone: (360)540-4779

Email: contactmac@mckainlakey.com

Category of Folk: Old-Time/Americana/Singer-songwriter

Biography:

I am a songwriter and multi-instrumentalist currently based out of Mountain View, AR. I play a combination of Old Time and original music. I would love to play your showcase! Full bio below.

Songwriter, performer, teacher, luthier, and sound engineer – McKain Lakey knows every inch of themusician life. With voice, banjo, fiddle, and her handcrafted guitar, Lakey draws her creative inspirationfrom the American folk tradition, touring nationally with her patented mix of old-time tunes and new-rootsoriginals. These originals exist wherever the imagination of John Hartford flows into the grit of HazelDickens—in the beating heart of contemporary Americana, forever old and new, described by What’s UpMagazine as “a time capsule unearthed, fine-tuned and re-imagined.” Lakey is also an accomplished musiceducator and audio engineer, exploring the power of sound from every angle and letting that experienceshine through her compositions. Following the success of her debut EP “West,” Lakey is currently writing a full-length studio album, expected in 2020.

Booking Goals: I am currently working on a national tour summer 2020, in support of my forth-coming album. Additional plans for a UK tour spring 2021.

Last edited Thursday, October 3, 2019

Folk Alliance International, 601 Avenida Cesar E Chavez Suite #100, Kansas City MO 64108 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Privacy Policy

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal