DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Private Showcase Artists
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Example! - The Weavers Locked Topic 0 J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International The Weavers Contact Info Phone: 816-555-5555 Email: noreply@folk.org Category of Folk: Traditional Location: New York Description of Music We're an American folk music quartet based in the Greenwich Village area of New York City. We sing traditional folk songs from around the world, as well as blues, gospel music, children's songs, labor songs, and American ballads.  We'd love to play your private showcase, contact us! Check out our website for more info.
by J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Instructions - Read this if you want to get booked. Locked Topic 0 J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International The purpose of this forum is to provide a list of artists, regularly updated, and sent to private showcase presenters for review. The presenters are sent a digest of the new posts every week to review. Before you create a post for your act, read the instructions below and review the "Example - Weavers" post. Step 1: To create a post for your act, sign into your profile, go to the forum page (under NEWS) and click "New Topic".    *In the digest sent to presenters, the first thing you type gets sent to them in a condensed version, so we recommend the following template to get your info to presenters clearly. See the "Example! - The Weavers" post. Step 2: Subject: Your Act's Name Step 3: Attach Video: Paste the embed code from your video (Optional) Step 4: Contact Phone, Contact Email, Category of Folk, Location Step 5: A Biography or description of your music and a link to your website or EPK.   In order to keep presenters from being flooded and overwhelmed by artist emails, we do not post contact info for the presenters. This post is your best line of communication with them. Make sure to check for errors, and monitor your contact information closely. Good Luck! ~ FAI Team
by J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Eclectic folk-rock - Virginia Kathryn - guitarist/vocalist 0 V. Gallner Greetings! I am a folk-rock guitarist/vocalist from Omaha, NE. You can check out my music here - virginiakathryn.com . I am looking for showcase slots for tonight and tomorrow night. Please email me at virginiagallner@gmail.com if you have any availability in your roster. Thank you!  
by V. Gallner
Friday, February 16, 2018
Brant Miller is seeking private showcase slots 0 B. Miller Phone: (615) 512-2360 E-mail: finalvinyl@comcast.net Category of Folk: Singer-songwriter Americana Location: Nashville, TN Hi y'all!  I'm a first-timer at the FAI conference, but I'd love to have the chance to perform in some private showcases if slots become available!  I will be at the conference from Wednesday through Sunday afternoon.  Brant Miller has had songs recorded by country and bluegrass artists in the U.S. and Europe, including a top-ten bluegrass hit, “Fast as I Can Crawl” and “Somewhere Under the Rainbow, which went Platinum in Denmark. Brant was first-prize winner at the prestigious Chris Austin Songwriting Contest at MerleFest for “The Roadkill Bill,” and has been a top-three finalist there five times. He’s performed twice in the songwriter showcase at the International Bluegrass Music Association’s annual conference, and at the Alaska Folk Festival in Juneau. He’s currently working on this second solo CD. In addition to performing solo, Brant is a member of the acoustic Americana trio, Second Nature, with whom he’s performed twice at the Ryman Auditorium, as well as MerleFest and many other venues. Brant, a retired forester, and his wife Patricia live near Nashville, Tennessee on five acres with four cats and 300 trees they planted. Website (for his trio, 2nd Nature): www.2ndnaturemusic.com Additional YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHJplsvLobVCy7I6UTZKdsCN2eJRbtj4W  
by B. Miller
Monday, February 12, 2018
Showcase openings, Fri / Sat? - Jackson Emmer - Carbondale, CO 0 J. Emmer   Seeking showcase opportunities on Friday and Saturday nights. Thanks! - JE -   "Jackson Emmer cut his teeth writing songs in Nashville, TN and Asheville, NC, while roving the US as a modern-day troubadour. His second full-length album, "Jukebox" is due out in Spring of '18 on Lost Honey Records. Scenes Media has declared Emmer “a hipster Johnny Cash" and a "new voice for classic country.” He lives in Carbondale, CO."   http://www.jacksonemmer.com/epk.html   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxN8iY1bVf0   jemmer.music@gmail.com (650) 799-5379  
by J. Emmer
Thursday, February 8, 2018
Putting this out to the Conference Gods... 0 R. Perry I'm pretty late to the party, and I plead ashes on the brain, but I've decided I'm up for doing some showcases if I can find a) rooms that have a spot and b) an accompanist. Anyone? :-)
by R. Perry
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Cordy Lavery seeking showcase slots 0 C. Lavery So if anyone has room for a quick set, please message me, I’d love to play. I have a pretty cool record coming out soon.
by C. Lavery
Sunday, January 28, 2018
Raven and Red - Seeking Private Showcase Slots 3 Raven and Red If you need their email let me know via facebook as I don't check this board regularly or better yet email me at esoebo@gmail.com
by C. McDowell
Monday, January 22, 2018
Patterson Barrett previewing new Americana CD, last minute showcase spots? 0 P. Barrett p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Times New Roman'} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Times New Roman'; min-height: 15.0px} span.s1 {letter-spacing: 0.0px}   click here for EPK     Patterson Barrett moved to Austin shortly after appearing on Jerry Jeff Walker’s first release on MCA records, playing pedal steel, dobro, and guitar (including on Walker’s hit “L.A. Freeway”). Not long after arriving in Austin, he formed the band Partners In Crime, which included Buddy and Julie Miller. In the years since, Patterson has managed to perform with artists as diverse as Chuck Berry, Hal Ketchum, and Nancy Griffith, all the while writing and recording his own songs, and Give’em What They Want represents his latest collection.   As in his two previous solo outings, Barrett makes much of the music on Give ‘Em What They Want himself, but there are plenty of guest appearances by friends and peers. Featured performers include Jim Lauderdale, Walt Wilkins, and Stuart Duncan, in addition to Gurf Morlix and Buddy Miller, who share vocals with Barrett on the single “3 Young Alleycats.” The song is a reminiscence of the days gone by when Morlix, Miller, and Barrett were knocking around Austin. In it, the three declare wistfully, “The universe will never be the same again,” but then muse “How long we can howl at the moon, no one can tell.”     The music is solidly Americana, with nods to influences as diverse as The Band, Little Feat, and Gram Parsons, all of whom Barrett cites as inspirations. At times the songs lean toward the country side of things, as in the slyly humorous, two-step inducing “Elephant In The Room” (with Lauderdale on harmony vocal.)    But there are also introspective singer-songwriter moments, notably in “If I Only Knew How,” with Barrett finding himself unable to help those close to him who need it the most.   Barrett may be best known for his sideman work, but he’s amused by the notion that the CD represents some sort of debut as a front man. “…yeah, that’s…interesting, since I’ve been writing, recording, and performing my own songs for…well, really, since I was a teen”.   Patterson intends to spend the bulk of 2018 touring behind the record. “It’s really about the songs; these songs show up, and I feel obliged to give them a chance to find an audience. So it’s sort of like, ‘The Songs of Patterson Barrett on Tour (accompanied by Patterson Barrett)’ If I don’t sing ‘em, who else will?”    
by P. Barrett
Thursday, January 18, 2018
Mala 0 M. Gassmann Mala   Contact Info Phone: +41 79 426 91 37 Email: contact@malamusic.ch Category of Folk: Singersongwriter Location: Lucerne, Switzerland Description of Music Red haired Singer-songwriter and violin player Mala brings folk music right from the Swiss mountains, all the while honoring her celtic, american and classical roots. Her voice shines with simplicity and lightness, going right to the listener’s heart. Currently she’s writing on her third album, that was inspired by her 3month stay in Austin Texas, right in the the heart of the so called “singer-songwriter folk family” scene. It will be released in 2018, marking her debut as solo artist.
by M. Gassmann
Thursday, January 18, 2018
David Tiller (of TAARKA) seeking showcases 0 TAARKA    Hi ya folks, i'm looking for some private showcases. Anyone have any to spare? Thanks so much!!!!  davidtiller1@hotmail.com
by TAARKA
Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Seeking last minute showcase spots 0 J. Brown Contact Info Phone:773-507-4718 Email: jeffbrownmusic@gmail.com Category of Folk:Indie Folk Location:Chicago/Virginia About Me Singer songwriter from Chicago, soon to be moving to Northern Virginia - 2018 Folk Alliance International panel speaker - Ravenclaw Singer-songwriter Jeff Brown grew up with his ears fixed on the musical intricacies of Iron Maiden records, but over the years has chosen to explore a softer side of music. These days, he creates songs rooted in the gentle musings of contemplative trailblazers like Carole King and James Taylor with modern touches similar to Damien Rice and Iron & Wine.  He cites his musical influences as, "Girls and alcohol, mostly," and uses passion, a sense of humor, and a comforting stage presence to bring to life love songs for people that are sick of the same old love songs.  He tours regionally, nationally, and internationally, having most recently returned from a month-long tour of Iceland, England, Ireland, and Scotland. He'd love to help fill out the empty bits in your private showcase! Check out his website for more information.
by J. Brown
Sunday, January 14, 2018
Songwriter Mary Battiata - New CD - The Heart, Regardless 0 M. Battiata Singer-songwriter Mary Battiata will be at FA performing songs from her new CD, The Heart, Regardless, which recently debuted at #7 on the Freeform American Roots chart. The recording features 14 original songs, country to folk and back again, including "Tall Timbers," the story of a brother and sister who cross the Chesapeake to seek their fortune in 18th century Baltimore. See the song video at Mary's website, www.littlepinktheband.com/video.html. The record features fiery fiddle, banjo and pedal steel from some of the finest Country and Bluegrass players from the Mid-Atlantic, and gorgeous harmony vocals from Dudley Connell (The Seldom Scene). "Mary Battiata's latest is nothing less than a jewel of modern Country" - Dani Heyvaert, ROOTSTIME.BE "I seriously like this album. For one thing, I am a sucker for country and Americana music that uses lots of minor chords. And Mary's voice and Dudley Connell's harmony singing blend so nicely." - Steve Hoffman, Program Director, WOWD-LP 93.4 FM, Takoma Park MD. "The melodies are sometimes haunting, sometimes jaunty, always beautiful" - Charles Walston, The Hill Rag, Washington DC. Mary tours nationally from NYC to WV and Texas to California from home base in Arlington, Virginia, near Washington DC.
by M. Battiata
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Janice Francis-Smith 0 J. Francis-Smith Playing her custom baritone ukulele, Janice Francis-Smith is a singer-songwriter who entertains and inspires with her poetic songs, blending folk, jazz, funk and alt-country into her own four-string concinnity. Music, videos and performance dates can be found at www.janicefrancissmith.com
by J. Francis-Smith
Tuesday, January 9, 2018
One slot open in Krazy Keyboards 0 A. Moscow This just in - Krazy Keyboards just got an opening for one spot on Thursday night at 1:00 a.m. for 30 min. that I'm looking to fill today.  If you're interested, email me at anniemoscow@yahoo.com.  First preference will be given to keyboard players.
by A. Moscow
Monday, January 8, 2018
Kara Golemba 0 K. Klypak, Sask Music Contact Info Phone: 306-209-5757 Email: info@karagolemba.com Category of Folk: Folk Roots Location: Saskatchewan, Canada Description of Music: Kara Golemba digs deep to draw strength from her roots. Her debut EP “Every Little Light” released Sept/16 launched her into the Canadian Folk/Roots performance and touring community. 2018 will bring a full length album (single "Box Labelled You" gives a first taste) as she dedicates her time to exploring new territory both musically and geographically. Her voice can be a sweet mixture of warm honey with a little grit, or she can raise it up to rattle the teacups! Golemba would love to be a part of your showcase. More info can be found at her website https://www.karagolemba.com/epk-1        
by K. Klypak, Sask Music
Monday, January 8, 2018
Teri Quinn 0 T. Quinn Teri Quinn Contact info: Phone-616-633-6621 Email-teriquinnmusic@gmail.com Category of Folk-Indie Folk Location-Kansas City, MO Bio- Teri Quinn is a Kansas City based songstress who writes tunes that are sweet yet savory. With her clawhammer banjo playing and old time hollerin', she mixes an old fashioned sound with a modern grit. Drawing inspiration from moon phases and matters of the heart, her enchanting presence is sure to bewitch you. Website- TeriQuinn.com teriquinnmusic.bandcamp.com
by T. Quinn
Sunday, January 7, 2018
Nancy K Dillon | Performing Songwriter | American Songs & Stories | New CD 0 N. Dillon Nancy K Dillon Contact Info: Email:  tallgrassgirl@nancykdillon.net Phone: 206.351.9605 Category of Folk: Folk/Americana Location:Seattle Learn more at:  www.nancykdillon.net  Nancy K. Dillon would love to sing for you and is seeking private showcases at FAI 2018.   I'm excited to return to Kansas City and the FAI Conference in 2018!  My roots are in Oklahoma, Kansas and Texas so it feels so good to get 'home' especially with the chance to commune with so many talented artists and music lovers from around the world!  Please read on for more about my music.  See you in K.C. - NKD Description of Nancy K. Dillon's Music “With a voice somewhere between Nanci Griffith, Judy Collins and the young Lucinda Williams, innocence and experience loom large. Dillon's 2nd album, "Roses Guide To Time Travel" features contributions from such musicians as Danny Barnes, Gavin Sutherland and Stacy Phillips. It's a desert dust coated brew of bluegrass, folk, honky tonk, blues and country in service of songs about small towns, trains, highways, drifters, loving and losing, leaving and hanging in as, per the title, years pass by.” — NetRhythms (UK) "Songs fashioned into something that is in one sense old-fashioned and in another modern, in the best sense. The music speaks movingly to the continuity of past and present, where the place you were takes you to the place you are and will be." — Jerome Clark (Rambles.net) Nancy K. Dillon grew up in Central Oklahoma raised in a musical family by her composer/professor/jazz-player/church-choir-director father, Bob Dillon, and her mother, Betty Lou, a former vocal teacher who sang hymns around the house. After graduating from the University of Oklahoma, a move to Seattle led to travel, adventure and varied musical opportunity. Nancy performed in roots-based bands and was in demand as a backing vocalist and session singer until her decision to focus on songwriting in the New Millennium. In 2004, Dillon released her first studio solo album recorded with Grammy Award-winning engineer, Garey Shelton. A rootsy outing of mostly original songs, "Just Let Me Dream" gained airplay around the world and was highly praised by reviewers. With the release of her 2nd album, "Roses Guide To Time Travel" (2010), Dillon began a musical exploration of her American roots. For "Roses Guide" she designed a haunting image of an old time locomotive for the cover and dedicated the album to her great-grandfather Kansas trainman and BLFE Union Officer, Asa Dillon. In addition to performing, she continued her travels throughout the New West writing and singing songs of railroads and Okies, Texas tornados and lonely roads of red dirt. Songs from "Roses Guide" won songwriting awards from Billboard and Tumbleweed Song Contest. Dillon's 2018 album, "A Game of Swans" was inspired and informed by her passion for genealogy and hearkens back to her immigrant roots in the Old Country while maintaining her gaze firmly forward. The 12 tracks on "A Game of Swans" reveal ancestral strains of Celtic folk culture migrated to America, strains that have always flowed just beneath the surface of Dillon's music. To achieve the perfect colors, tones and authenticity for the album, contributing tracks from the UK and Scotland were blended with recordings made in the USA. UK musos, Gavin Sutherland (Sutherland Brothers & Quiver), Ian Lang (Small Change), Chris Parks (Any Trouble) and Ollie Collins (Badly Drawn Boy/Angie Palmer) combine their prodigious talents with American contributors Stacy Phillips (Dobro), Michael Connelly (fiddle/uilleann pipes/penny whistle), Wes Weddell (mandolin), Chris Leighton (percussion), Garey Shelton (bass guitar/engineer) and harmony vocalists, Joy Mills and Tom Parker. Dillon writes compellingly, poetically and sometimes mysteriously in her stories in song. This talent elevates her writing far beyond the usual fare of singer-songwriters. She initially found inspiration in dreams and in traveling across the vast landscapes of the western US. The past few years she has delved deeply into her family's history in Ireland, Scotland, Europe and Britain,. This has resulted in new inspiration and newly minted stories. Dillon is traveling a path that we all should travel. She's unearthed amazing facts along the way such as her father fought in the brutal Battle of the Bulge in World War II and her 7th great-grand-uncle in Scotland wrote a treatise called Lex Rex upon which the 2nd amendment was based. Through her music and through following her muse, she's uncovering the intense, heart-breaking stories that people don't always want to tell, the stories that are only whispered about in families. Her new album echoes with the strengths and challenges of history, the promise of new hopes and dreams and draws out the ghosts of many untold stories. Learn more at: www.nancykdillon.net  Listen on Spotify Follow me on Twitter Find me on Facebook
by N. Dillon
Sunday, January 7, 2018
Emily Anderson - Alaskan Songstress & FAI First Timer 0 E. Anderson Emily Anderson Hi Folks!  I'm an indie pop singer/songwriter hailing from Fairbanks, Alaska - land of too many moose and not enough sunshine (at least right now). This is my first time at Folk Alliance and I can't wait to connect with artists from all around the world! Here's a bit about me and the music I make, including my latest release "Simple Things". Contact Phone: 907-347-7176 Email: emilyandersonak@gmail.com Listen: emilyandersonak.bandcamp.com or emilyandersonak.com Location: Fairbanks, AK Latest Album - "Simple Things" "Whether you're having a bad day or having one of the best days in a long time, Emily Anderson's Simple Things will make it better. Harmonies that sound so natural and gorgeous orchestrations are at the heart of both the toe-tapping melodies and lyrical songwriting that pulls you into a story that you'll want to experience again and again." —Lori Neufeld, Alaska Public Radio Like stumbling into a rose garden on a trek through the arctic, listeners of Emily’s music find themselves helplessly lifted into a world so hauntingly familiar, and yet so enchantingly curious. With a voice of untouchable purity and lyricism of remarkable wit and poignancy, Emily cradles matters of the human heart with an almost impossible sweetness. After many years of studying songwriting & music business in Boston, and with several tours and recording projects under her belt, Emily has returned to her native Fairbanks and risen to deserving prominence in the tightly knit music scene in Alaska. In fitting testament to this, she received the Rasmuson Foundation’s Individual Artist award in 2016 to assist her in making a full-length album. This new record, Simple Things, perhaps her most ambitious and stunning project to date, is available for streaming and download everywhere.  
by E. Anderson
Saturday, January 6, 2018
The Super Saturated Sugar Strings FAI debut from Alaska 0 The Super Saturated Sugar Strings "A few bands have a knack for defying convention, yet sound hauntingly familiar, by blending old influences with new approaches to music. Listening to Anchorage’s Super Saturated Sugar Strings... brings to mind numerous styles and influences: gypsy jazz, music hall, a little country swing, folky strings, Dylanesque/Johnny Cashesque gruffness, and honestly, some of their music wouldn’t sound out of place at a Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds show. Call it orchestral alternative folk-rock, throw in all the adjectives you want, but really, just go to one of their shows and listen. This is a musicians’ band, where violin, cello, and acoustic bass combine with piano/guitar, drums, and a one-man brass section to bring a vibrant, rich, clear acoustic sound to the stage, and to listeners’ ears." --Portland Radio Project Hello FAI! A few of us attended last year representing the Alaska Room, and we may have met you then. We're bringing the full band this year along with a new full album, and would love to play a showcase in your room!  We just finished a very successful tour in OR and WA playing for rapt and full audiences in many of the smaller venues across these states. We were invited back to bigger venues in every place we played, and we're planning to tour much more over the next year.  Please let us know if you still have space for us! For more, check out these links:  EPK: http://www.supersaturatedsugarstrings.com/epk Portland Radio Project Review: http://prp.fm/super-saturated-sugar-strings-brings-unique-gypsy-country-music-white-eagle/  Upcoming album release: https:/supersaturatedsugarstrings/sets/all-/soundcloud.com/their-many-miles/s-spfqS  Contact Kevin Worrell at: supersaturatedsugarstrings@gmail.com   (907) 715-6583  
by The Super Saturated Sugar Strings
Saturday, January 6, 2018

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Privacy Policy

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal