DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Private Showcase Artists
|<
<
1 |
| 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Chris Watts 0 C. Watts CHRIS WATTS Contact Info Phone: 318-715-1190 Email: chriswattsband@gmail.com Category of Folk: Americana Location: Nashville Description of Music “Honest American roots music in the same vein as singer-songwriters such as Rodney Crowell, Chris Knight, and contemporary Ward Davis.” — No Depression   When New Orleans native and Louisiana National Guardsman Chris Watts was shot in the Super Dome during Hurricane Katrina duty, he thought he’d never return to The Crescent City. Now his own brand of Deep South Americana music has transplanted him from The Big Easy to Music City, USA, drawing comparisons to Jason Isbell and Steve Earle along the way. Watts has shared his Deep South Americana on some of the most prominent stages across the country including Asheville's Isis Theater, the Key West Songwriter’s Festival, House of Blues New Orleans, The Howlin’ Wolf, Nashville’s historic Exit/In, City Winery, the world-famous listening room Bluebird Cafe, and a residency at Tin Roof on Music City’s illustrious Broadway Ave. He’s opened for internationally touring acts ranging from Sammy Kershaw to Snoop Dogg. His music has appeared on radio stations across the country, including the acclaimed WWOZ New Orleans, WSM Nashville (home of the Grand Ole Opry), and internet radio stations worldwide. The Revue named his debut EP The God’s Own Truth in their “Best of 2016” list. Watts is currently working on his debut solo album and is proud to call East Nashville home. Learn more at www.deepsouthamericana.com
by C. Watts
Friday, January 5, 2018
The Home Fires seeking showcase spots! 0 V. Emerson   Hello, showcase presenters!  The Home Fires is an Americana duo based in Minneapolis comprised of critically acclaimed singer/songwriters, Sarah Morris and Vicky Emerson. Sarah and Vicky are established touring artists and after developing a close friendship and playing live shows together, they unearthed a gorgeous new sound featuring Sarah's clear, melodic voice and Vicky's warm, weathered harmony. We are looking for a couple more slots for this year's conference. You can learn more about us at www.thehomefiresmusic.com and email me directly at vicky@vickyemerson.com. Let me know if you have any slots available for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Thanks so much for any help for these Folk-Alliance-First-Timers:)    Vicky  
by V. Emerson
Friday, January 5, 2018
John L Keck 0 J. Keck John L Keck   Contact Info Phone: 816-521-9459 Email: johnlkeck@gmail.com Category of Folk: Americana Location: Kansas City         Description of Music John is a Kansas City songwriter who creates lyrics with the intent of capturing emotion, depicting a moment in time. Much like a photograph define can define the light. With one foot in the south and one in the midwest, John's music is a modern blend of traditional american and a willingness to be undefined. "Of Course people ask me what kind of music do you play. And I want to answer them, and not be rude, but it's difficult give a 30 second elevator pitch, I don't set out to "one thing", so I've started saying 'I write songs for people who love Van Gogh's paintings'. I want to have a conversation about the emotions behind the songs with our eyes. I want to provoke thought and connect with people. I would also love to see if I can get you to dance, laugh and cry a little." - John L Keck
by J. Keck
Friday, January 5, 2018
String of Lights FAI Debut 0 String of Lights Phone: 907-529-9952 Email: heather@stringoflightsmusic.com              Category of Folk: Alaskamericana Folk-Art-Pop Location: Anchorage, AK Our story: The band officially started in 2016 because piano-banjoista Heather Stewart spent the previous few years writing up a furious storm of songs and needed to record some already. Today, core band members include bass player Charlie Earnshaw, guitarist Arkadi Futerman and cellist Jamie Whiteman (of the Tanana Rafters, also at FAI this year). Our music: We have banjo! But the banjo player is also a pianist, poet and songwriter who listens to classical music, pop, electronica, jazz, rock, reggae and whatever fun stuff people are playing around the world. The bass player comes from a hard rock-funk-jam band background, and the guitarist was mostly immersed in jazz and classical at music school for the past few years. Our cellist is probably the folk-iest, country-est, old-time-iest of the bunch. What we all have in common is a good old-fashioned frontier sense of using creativity and resourcefulness  to discover what works for us.   Our songs: Alaska works some crazy magic on people, and our songs often reflect that. Just as the Alaska winter pulls us into deep darkness and the summer stretches our days into seeming infinity, the stories in our songs can bring us to the darkest corners of our soul, yet carry us back to the light we always carry within. We are super excited to play together! If you enjoy our music, we would love to play your showcase! More at www.stringoflightsmusic.com | YouTube | Facebook | Bandcamp | Soundcloud
by String of Lights
Friday, January 5, 2018
Chris Monaghan Seeking Showcase 0 C. Monaghan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khk_d1carPA&t=26s   Solo acoustic artist Chris Monaghan is worth your attention period. His comfort in being true to himself, a dynamic guitar player, warm voice, and his unique writing style are striking attributes at nineteen. Latest accomplishments? A 12 song CD of original music produced by Grammy winning producer Bil Vorndick.  Chris has tallied over 500 shows including multiple performances at The Bluebird Cafe and The Listening Room in Nashville TN.   Please check out my most recent live video. If you would like to hear some of my recorded music please check out my website for more.  http://chrismonaghanmusic.com https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khk_d1carPA&t=26s   Contact: chrismonaghan1234@gmail.com Phone: 443-299-2806 Thanks! Chris
by C. Monaghan
Friday, January 5, 2018
Olivia Awbrey - Portland, OR Folk-Rock 0 O. Awbrey Hello! My name is Olivia Awbrey and I'm a Portland, OR-based folk-rock songwriter. I have two private showcases lined up and am still looking for more! Music: oliviaawbrey.bandcamp.com Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliviaawbreymusic/ Email: oliviaawbreymusic@gmail.com Phone: 503-939-3407 Bio & Press Quotes: "Terrific ...a slightly more epic Esme Patterson." - Chris T-T, UK Songwriter (Xtra Mile Recordings) "Keep your eyes peeled...Olivia Awbrey is one to watch." - Eugene Weekly "Packing well-crafted, road-tested tunes on her new record, Olivia Awbrey spreads her folksy wings and brings some outspoken punky, rock and roll energy to her full-band, studio debut while still retaining her softer side." - Vortex Music Magazine Olivia Awbrey is an internationally touring songwriter and multi-instrumentalist from Portland, OR. A distinct political voice of her generation, Olivia released her debut solo album, Fight or Fight, in March 2017 after debuting her act at the 2017 Folk Alliance International. She's toured extensively with and without her band throughout the West Coast of the US, playing to packed pubs, houses and halls. With a recent debut performance in London, Olivia is just beginning to dig new touring ruts across the US and the UK. Olivia has won scholarships and awards to perform her songs at Folk Alliance International (Kansas City, KC), FAR-West Regional (Seattle, WA), and the Spokane Fall Folk Festival. Fight or Fight has received radio play throughout independent radio stations in the US and UK, and praise from the folk and punk communities alike. Olivia is currently working on a single due for release April 2018, and a debut full-length album with producer Hutch Harris (The Thermals) set for spring of 2019.
by O. Awbrey
Thursday, January 4, 2018
The Crane Wives - Seeking Private Showcases 0 The Crane Wives Email: thecranewives@gmail.com Phone: 248-535-3557 Category: Indie-Folk Location: Grand Rapids, MI Bio:  Recently named JBL’s Best American Band and featured on NPR’s All Songs Considered, The Crane Wives are an indie-folk-rock band out of Grand Rapids, Michigan that are quickly making a name for themselves in on a national scale. The evocative, poetic songs of lead-singers/multi-instrumentalists Kate Pillsbury and Emilee Petersmark are brought to life with the help of bassist Ben Zito and percussionist/vocalist Dan Rickabus. Utilizing three-part harmony, intricate melodies, ethereal electric color, bounding rhythms and a deep love of literature, the eclectic four-piece creates a unique, dynamic sound that is equal parts haunting and uplifting. Their music traverses innovative territory that ranges from heartfelt, confessional ballads to growling, unapologetic barn burners. The band has four studio albums under their belts and are excited to head into the studio to work on a fifth yet-to-be-named album in 2018.  
by The Crane Wives
Of Tree 0 Of Tree   Contact Info Phone: 816-390-1308 Email: branchesoftree@gmail.com Location: Kansas City Description of Music Of Tree is a dream-folk band from Kansas City made up of Benjamin Parks (guitar/vocals), Laurel Morgan Parks (violin/fiddle/vocals) and John Bersuch (percussion/sub-bass). The music can be as quiet as porch ballads on a lonely summer night or as textured as a multi-pieced orchestra layering on top of soaring bowed guitars. Dynamic and expressive, Of Tree’s music draws from deep emotions of loss and triumph, failure and hope. http://oftreemusic.com/
by Of Tree
Bryan Bowers Band 0 Scott O’Malley Associates   CONTACT PHONE: 719-635-7776 CONTACT EMAIL: somagency@aol.com CATEGORY OF FOLK: American & Mountain Folk LOCATION: Colorado Springs, CO WEBSITE & EPK: http://www.somagency.com/bryan-bowers/   BIOGRAPHY: For over five decades, Bryan Bowers has been to the autoharp what Earl Scruggs was to the five-string banjo. He presents instrumental virtuosity combined with warmth, eloquence, expression and professionalism. Bower's creativity and talent have won him inductions into Frets Magazine's First Gallery of the Greats, as well as being the first living member inducted into the Autoharp Hall of Fame after Maybelle Carter, Kilby Snow, and Sara Carter.   Master of the Autoharp, singer/songwriter, and riveting storyteller, Bryan has teamed up with two über pickers, Danny Knicely (world class Virginian mandolinist, guitarist, and mandocellist) and Geoff Goodhue (New England based singer and multi-instrumentalist) to create American folk and mountain music at its finest.   Danny Knicely is a multi-talented musician and music producer from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. He is constantly active, performing and recording his own music and working with other musicians and dancers. As a multi-instrumentalist, Danny has won many awards for his mandolin, guitar, and fiddle expertise, including first place in the mandolin contest at the prestigious Telluride Bluegrass Festival. Danny has the chameleon-like ability to blend into almost any musical situation and has appeared with many top performers of Bluegrass, Old-time, Swing, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Folk, Latin, Country, Irish, Americana, and World Music. Geoff Goodhue took up violin at age 5 and went on to graduate from Ohio University in 2004 with a B.F.A. in Percussion Performance. Now living in New Hampshire, Geoff sings and plays mandolin with Beg, Steal or Borrow who performed at the 2017 Grey Fox Festival. He also serves as drummer for the Vermont Vaudeville house band. Geoff’s family outfit, The Goodhues Band, was featured at the 2016 Mountain Laurel Autoharp Gathering. As a member of Athens Ohio’s Realbilly Jive, Geoff recorded drums on J.D. Hutchison’s You and the World Outside, released on Howdy Skies Records last September with Tim O’Brien. The band performed on Mountain Stage last January.   ADDITIONAL VIDEOS: Danny Knicely https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReChxSbGSS0&index=2&list=PL6QRQjgK3hvqzV_p-cH7mJXuc7nMMyGap   Geoff Goodhue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q5huqwYMb4&index=3&list=PL6QRQjgK3hvqzV_p-cH7mJXuc7nMMyGap    
by Scott O’Malley Associates
Good Saint Nathanael 0 N. Allen 415.368.7195 goodsaintnathanael@gmail.com Style: indie folk / americana Location: Kansas City Wistful, optimistic, lyrical & ridiculously catchy, Good Saint Nathanael's emotional indie folk is seasoned with Midwest americana & kissed with Northwest rain. This is Nate from Destroy Nate Allen's new project. http://goodsaintnathanael.com
by N. Allen
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
The Singer and The Songwriter 0 T. Tran   CONTACT PHONE: (408) 309-5634 CONTACT EMAIL: contact@thesingerandthesongwriter.com CATEGORY OF FOLK: Modern-Folk, Jazz & Blues LOCATION: San Francisco, CA BIOGRAPHY: The Singer and The Songwriter, the duo of Rachel Garcia and Thu Tran, create music as vibrant and diverse as their multiracial backgrounds. Since 2012, they have released 3 critically acclaimed albums, charted on the CMJ Top 40 Radio charts, and toured nationally. Rachel Garcia's rich, warm vocal delivery and Thu Tran's dynamic guitar arrangements provide the backbone for original songs that blend heartfelt folk, soulful blues, swinging jazz and modern, honest songwriting to create a unique and compelling sound. WEBSITE: http://thesingerandthesongwriter.com ADDITIONAL LIVE PERFORMANCE VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKP_nz-emra1koD6dd4fB9zTW6J-JsPmn
by T. Tran
The Audrey Malone Band Seeking Private Showcase 0 Audrey Malone Productions   Celebrating Year 2 at Folk Alliance International ! We are seeking a private showcase. The Audrey Malone Band runs the gamut of human emotion; taking you on a journey from the depths of despair to lighthearted and upbeat. Swinging Country Jazz with Delta River Blues makes for a toe tapping time to be had. Phone: 615-260-8924 Email: booking@audreymalone.com Website: www.audreymalone.com Category: Americana Home Region:  Austin, Texas Touring Region: North America, Europe, Canada   Bio with links attached  
by Audrey Malone Productions
Texas Tilly - Country Folk ISO a showcase! 0 S. Ireland   Stage Name:  Texas Tilly Real Name: Sue Ireland Phone: 816-217-6255 (voice calls and/or texts) Email: txtilly@gmail.com Location:  Lenexa, Kansas Well, hello there...I'm a solo singer/songwriter country folk artist and I'd love to perform in your showcase; thanks for the consideration!  I have two singles out now and am in the process of recording the remainder of my EP, "My Stories, My Songs".  You see, my entire life was already planned out for me from Day 1: Female Southern Female Southern Female born into and raised up in in a doomsday cult--3rd generation! Um yeah, no thanks! After all these years and many, many struggles, I'm finally free and living my own life my own way, thank you very much. Bonus: I have plenty of material to draw from for my songs BECAUSE I'm not in my 20's!  Come on this ride with me because the best is yet to come.... Like me on Facebook! Follow me on Twitter! Add me to your Spotify playlist!  
by S. Ireland
Mother Banjo looking for FAI showcases! 0 E. Stanley Hello, showcase presenters! I'm a banjo-playing folk/gospel songwriter looking for a couple more slots for this year's conference. I have done an official FAI showcase in the past with my trio but will be at the conference solo this year and would be especially interested in ITR slots. You can learn more about me at www.motherbanjo.com and email me directly at motherbanjo@gmail.com. Let me know if you have any slots available for Thursday, Friday or Saturday. Thanks, and see y'all soon! Love & Happy New Year, Ellen Stanley/Mother Banjo.
by E. Stanley
Monday, January 1, 2018
Upright Bass Player and Fiddler Wanted 0 S. Blane Hi. Looking for an Upright Bass player and Fiddle to play my Private Showcase. Stipends available :-) Email Steven at steven@stevenblane.com
by S. Blane
Monday, January 1, 2018
Matt Stone 0 M. Stone phone: 714 651-3729 email: folkmuse@mac.com web (new/beta): mattstone.bandzoogle.com/home web (legacy): www.mattfolkmuse.com Hello showcase hosts and fellow artist, I'm looking forward to a great folk alliance gathering again this year. Please consider me for your showcase and get in touch. A short bio below. More stuff on the two weblinks. Thanks, Matt Stone An award winning California Folk and Americana performing songwriter, Matt’s songs evoke roadside folk art sculptures made from found objects - old stories and his own experiences. His live shows blend humor and pathos as the audience goes on a visual and emotional journey. He released his debut album, Northern Lights, in 2013 (to good airplay on the FolkDJ chart), and he has continued to write many more songs, some of which have earned acclaim from critics and audiences. Matt plans to record and release his next album as time permits. Matt tours occasionally and opportunistically. His Sing for Wolves Tour in 2016 covered 8 western states and included stops in Newhall, Yellowstone, Portland, Bend, Ashland and Ukiah. Matt's first love is the intimate audience-performer shared experience of house concerts.
by M. Stone
Sunday, December 31, 2017
Back In The Saddle 1 L. Robertson Still looking for a Saturday afternoon showcase for either Back In The Saddle (Western Swing, Classic Cowboy) or Swingin' Saddle Cats (Rockabilly, Classic Country Western). If you are a presenter with an open slot, please contact us. Thanks.
by L. Robertson
Saturday, December 30, 2017
RIch Krueger - Amazing review in No Depression - seeking private showcases 0 R. Krueger Rich Krueger Singer-songwriter and New Folk Finalist Seeking Private Showcases at FAI 2018              Hi.  My name is Rich Krueger, a singer-songwriter from Chicago IL  I will be at at the 2018 Folk Alliance International Conference in February.  I am seeking invitations for private showcases at which I can perform   I'm a Folk Alliance member and a 2017 New Folk Finalist at The Kerrville Folk Festival.  I have a new album. Life Aint That Long, coming out in January, which went out to radio stations and reviewers n 11/20/17.  It is already getting airplay worldwide and the reviews have been universally fantastic.   Here is an amazing rave review from the No Depression http://nodepression.com/album-review/rich-krueger-life-aint-long-and-aint-it-truth   Category of my music make: Americana, SInger-songwriter, Urbane Folk, thoughtful Location : Chicago IL My email richard.krueger@yahoo.com My phone (505) 506-1090 My website http://ww.richkrueger.com My reviews (more everyday) http://ww.richkrueger.com/reviews My EPK https://kgmusicpress.com/rich-krueger Some video https://youtu.be/hH25lBXaW3Q?t=9m57s   DIgital downloads of the album and/or copies of the CDs are available to reviewers/bookers/radio stations upon request   Short Bio is also available    “As a lifelong fan of True Deep American Strangeness, I came to a realization after leaving Milwaukee for the last time in 1959:  The truest, deepest American strangeness is to be found in the heartland, the great Midwest.  As a perfect example, take a song—any song –of Rich Krueger, and you will see exactly what I mean. Rich is an American Stranger if I ever did see one.”—Peter Stampfel, The Holy Modal Rounders Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}
by R. Krueger
Miss Clementine loves to share her new album with you. 0 C. Volker Hi, This autumn we've recorded my new album, masterly produced by Wyatt Easterling, at Omnisound Studio, Nashville. (Included a song co-written with Wyatt and Robbie Hecht.) And I would be very excited and honoured to share these songs with you in an intimate setting as a private showcase. Don't hesitate to contact me in case of any questions.  Looking forward to meet you! Love, Clementine Volker (The Netherlands, Europe)   Category of Folk: Her voice is mostly compared with The Carpenters, Eva Cassidy and Joan Baez.   Description:                   Folksinger/songwriter Clementine (NL) grew up as a Captain's daughter. When her father came home after his long travels (upto a year) her mothers chansons where replaced for his Celtic/Irish music. Water, nature and freedom where fundamentals to her when she grew older. The Irish music became her lifeline with her father being away at sea. When she sings Celtic or Irish folkmusic now, it feels like coming home. Nowadays she mixes the style naturally with Jazzy, Bluezy and even chanson influences. Clementine started to perform solo with her guitar last year and occasionally joins the stage with the Legendary Irish group The Fureys. One of the music groups she crew up with listening to. (She performed with them in the world's best Irish Pub in Rome just a few weeks ago.)   Clementine prefers singing in English, but made an exception for the dutch song 'Na de Hoos' (= After the storm) written by friend and top-writer Guus Westdorp. Originally written for the flood in New Orleans after Katrina. Raising 1000'ds of dollars during a benefit concert for the victims.   She performed the song at the official national memorial for the Dutch flood of 1953 for the dutch president, politicians and survivors. This event was broadcasted by all national media including primetime news. French and American tv was present as well. Guus's mother helped dutch refugees communicating over the radio in '53 and Clementine's father was specialized in dredging, helped to build the dam after the storm as a teenager.    In 2003 she released her first album (mastered by grammy winner Brad Blackwood and joined recordlabel Coast to Coast.) This album was embraced by national radio 5 and nominated/won the title World Album by radio 2.   Clementine toured theatres from small rooms of 80 seats upto concerthalls of 750 seats and decided to study a few elemental courses online with Berklee to gain more understanding of songwriting and production.    For more information please visit:    Website:                       www.clementine.fm Videochannel:              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCni-n-Jcvh_HSeIKNA5lwPA   Facebook:                    www.facebook.com/clementinefm/  Instagram:                    www.instagram.com/clementine.fm/    Phone: 0031 6 460 229 39 E-mail: clementine@cle.productions  
by C. Volker
The Nite Owls Acoustic Duo seeking Private Showcase Opportunities 0 W. Brewer The Nite Owls are a Kansas City based Acoustic Folk Duo. Attached is a video recorded at Avenue Record Company, playing our original song, "Alright With Me." If you want to see or hear more of our music, visit www.wyattbrewer.com/theniteowls !
by W. Brewer
Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Folk Alliance International, 512 Delaware Street, Kansas City MO 64105 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Privacy Policy

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal