DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Private Showcase Artists
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Example! - The Weavers Locked Topic 0 J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International Thanks for watching our video! Contact Info Phone: 555-555-5555 Email: noreply@folk.org Category of Folk: Traditional Location: New York Description of Music: We're an American folk music quartet based in the Greenwich Village area of New York City. We sing traditional folk songs from around the world, as well as blues, gospel music, children's songs, labor songs, and American ballads.  Booking Goals: We will be booking for 2019 in Eastern Canada and the North East of the US. We're also booking for Europe in 2020. We love to connect with presenters at your showcase.  We'd love to play your private showcase, contact us! Check out our website for more info.
by J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
*INSTRUCTIONS - Read this if you want to get booked. Locked Topic 0 J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International The purpose of this forum is to provide a list of artists, regularly updated, and sent to private showcase presenters for review. The presenters are sent a digest of the new posts every week to review. Before you create a post for your act, read the instructions below and review the "Example - Weavers" post. Step 1: To create a post for your act, sign into your profile, go to the forum page (under NEWS) and click on the Private Showcase Artist Forum, then "New Topic".    *In the digest sent to presenters, the first thing you type gets sent to them in a condensed version, so we recommend the following template to get your info to presenters clearly. See the "Example! - The Weavers" post. Step 2: Subject: Your Act's Name Step 3: Attach Video: Paste the embed code from your video (Optional, but highly recommended) Step 4: Contact Phone, Contact Email, Category of Folk, Location Step 5: A Biography or description of your music and a link to your website or EPK. Step 6: Any Booking Goals you may have during the conference. There is no need to attach any additional items like photos or videos. No one presenter is downloading anything. Put the info in the post and EMBED A VIDEO IN THE LINK ABOVE THE EDITOR. In order to keep presenters from being flooded and overwhelmed by artist emails, we do not post contact info for the presenters unless that ask us to. This post is your best line of communication with them. Make sure to check for errors, and monitor your contact information closely. Good Luck! ~ FAI Team
by J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Pumpkin Bread 0 Pumpkin Bread   Contact Phone: 415-314-9234 Contact Email: pumpkinbread714@gmail.com Category of Folk: Contemporary Folk Location: Boston, MA   Pumpkin Bread, a folk quintet based in Boston, MA, plays original acoustic music that blends influences from traditional folk songs and fiddle tunes with modern sensibilities and intricate arrangements. The band, hailed by The Boston Globe as “pure progressive folk fusion,” is in the process of finishing up their second album, which was recorded at Dimension Sound Studios with Dan Cardinal and produced by Courtney Hartman (of Della Mae). Booking Goals: We will be booking for 2019 in the East Coast of the US. We love to connect with presenters at your showcase.  We'd love to play your private showcase. Contact us! Check out our website for more info. https://www.pumpkinbreadband.com/
by Pumpkin Bread
13 hours ago
BEN KUNDER 0 A. Wells   BEN KUNDER  Category: Indie Folk  Location: Toronto ON Contact Info: Management- Comino Productions  Sarah Erickson (e.) sarah@cominoproductions.com (tel.) 1-647-567-3510 ABOUT BEN KUNDER Expertly navigating that rarefied space between elegiac folk and accessible pop, Toronto-based singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Ben Kunder has emerged as one of the most electrifying musicians on the indie scene and a sought-after live performer. Kunder’s dazzling sophomore album “Better Human”, was released in late June, and is poised to dominate 2018. Real life anchors most of “Better Human”, the record exploring compelling themes like the birth of a child, the struggle for life balance, the workday reality propping up our outward façade, largely illuminating the human struggle to navigate through the world while sharing darkness in order to see the light. Produced alongside Aaron Goldstein at Baldwin Street Sound, guests include Oh Susanna, Jim Guthrie, Paper Bird/Bahamas singer Carleigh Aikins, Sarah McDougall, Ladies of the Canyon’s Maia Davies and Anna Ruddick, Arkells drummer Tim Oxford, keyboardist Anthony Carone, violinist Drew Jurecka, and Wintersleep drummer Loel Campbell, among others. Propelled variously by strings, pedal steel, keyboards, percussion, guitar, bass, and those spectacular before-mentioned voices  renders small moments in precise detail, making his songs both accessible and, occasionally, downright palpable.   MORE ABOUT BEN KUNDER  His 2015 debut "Golden" garnered critical acclaim and airplay from many respected international radio programs in Spain, the Netherlands, Germany and Italy, along with airplay and interviews at BBC1 and BBC2 in the UK and at RTE in Ireland. He has shared stages with Sarah Harmer, NQ Arbuckle, Andy Maize (Skydiggers) and New Zealand’s Marlon Williams, Brooklyn’s Ana Egge and opened for Hudson Taylor on the main stage at Sligo Live Festival in Ireland, to name a few. Ben has toured extensively across Canada, Europe and the UK, showcasing at Folk Alliance International, NXNE and Canadian Music week,  his single ‘Half Moon’ topping CBC Music: Sonica’s Top 50 Songs of 2015 at #2. LINKS TO SOCIALS  Website: www.benkunder.com Facebook: www.facebook.com/benkundermusic/ Twitter:  www.twitter.com/benkundermusic Instagram: www.instagram.com/benkundermusic/?hl=en Youtube:  www.youtube.com/channel/UClJmHQm3KDJeb0x1ReComyw      
by A. Wells
18 hours ago
Dan & Faith - Dream-Inspired Folk 0 D. Senie   Contact Information: Dan & Faith Website: www.danandfaith.com Phone: 603-826-6707 Email: booking@danandfaith.com Category of Folk: Singer/Songwriter/Storytellers Description of music: We are a singer/songwriter/storyteller duo, and husband/wife from Charlestown, NH (formerly of the Boston area). We write and sing songs that tell stories of people and places, real and imagined. Many songs grow from imagery captured from our dreams, thus our moniker, Dream-Inspired Folk. We love performing with other artists in-the-round. We often perform in such settings, adding harmonies or backing instruments on each others' songs. Booking Goals: We are booking presently for a tour through the southwest U.S. in March, April, May of 2019. Also booking northeast/Canada/Midwest for July/August/September timeframe, and booking fall/winter 2019 into 2020. We would love to meet bookers at your showcase. Conference Goals: Network with other artists, find possible representation, publicity, help with booking.
by D. Senie
Tuesday, December 11, 2018
Grace Morrison 0 S. Hartley Phone: 508 728 6285 Email: TeamGrace@GraceMorrison.com Style: Singer Songwriter Website: GraceMorrison.com Facebook: GraceMorrisonMusic Bio: Grace was a 2018 NERFA Folk DJ Showcase artist and a SERFA Formal Showcase alternate. She's played the singer-songwriter festival circuit (Musikfest, New Bedford Folk Festival, Black Potatoe, The Big E, Wildflower) and large venues large (opened for Shawn Mullins at a sold out City Winery) and coffeehouses.  The best thing you can do is check out my music. I have lots of videos on my facebook page and on my youtube channel. There's another song on the playlist here.   PS I also won a contest to have my music video played before the season finale of American Idol in New England. Watch it here. And I'm the voice of a holiday advertising campaign.       
by S. Hartley
Rob McHale 0 R. McHale   Phone:  704-608-9056 email:  robmchalemusic@gmail.com Category: Folk - Americana -Historical - Singer Songwriter - Storyteller  Website:  RobMcHale.com   North Carolina based songwriter performing in support of 2018 release ' Prophets on the Boulevard '. Rob performs regionally with his 5 piece band and solo in the US and International.  In addition to the tours in the UK this year another highlight was telling the Tom Dooley Legend at the grave of Laura Foster at sundown under candlelight at the Happy Valley Fiddler's Convention.   "Music of a hundred years ago, from yesterday or today - whenever you place them, the songs of Rob McHale should be taught in school, because they reflect vibrant history, the value of tradition and living social comment” .Tom Franks of Folk Worlds Magazine, London   “Prophets on the Boulevard is definitely one of the best albums thus far in 2018, consistently good from the first song to the last “ Ken Nagelberg, WHYR 96.9 FM, Baton Rouge, LA     Booking Goals:  Booking for late 2019 and 2020 in US Canada and Europe.  I would love play your private showcase.  Rob  
by R. McHale
Annie Oakley * Official Showcase Artists 1 Annie Oakley Note: We are out of the country from 18 Dec 2018 to 4 Jan 2019, but available via email! Our showcase times are filling up, so please let us know if you have room for us Friday or Saturday night! The Oklahoma Room will not be a presence this year at FAI in Montreal, but we're coming up to represent our state's fine heritage of Americana folk music.
by Annie Oakley
Monday, December 10, 2018
Megan Palmer 0 M. Palmer Hi I'm Megan Palmer and I'm seeking a few more private showcases. I'm from Nashville TN and I play multiple instruments. I have recently released a single called Stetson with Blue Rose Music (video is in the embedded link)  I'm coming to FA as part of The House of Songs as well!  My website is www.meganpalmer.com I'm so excited to see everyone this year because I've had to miss the last two FA's because I was recovering from being ill with breast cancer.... I have a new enthusiasm and zest for life as a result!    see you soon love megan
by M. Palmer
Fabrizio Cammarata - Ciao from Sicily 0 C. Storbeck Fabrizio Cammarata Indie Folk / Pop Palermo - Sicily (Haldern Pop Recordings / 800A Kartel Music Group) Contact: Christoph Storbeck info@striker-entertainment.com +491738669693 Happy to hear your thoughts, Fabrizio will be available all days. Thank you! Looking for festival/tour bookings, sync, media attention. Promoting the new album "Lights" due March 29 https://www.facebook.com/fabriziocammarata/ https://fabri.lnk.to/timbuktu https://fabri.lnk.to/streaming Feat. Cantus Domus Choir https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ4w4HjXYhM&t=3s   "a beautiful examination of love’s lost corridors" Drowned in Sound "emotionally vibrant, bittersweet, and ultimately freeing” POPMATTERS “a wonderful tool for emotional enrichment” Clash   Timbuktu is the new single from Sicilian singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Fabrizio Cammarata. Timbuktu is taken from Fabrizio’s forthcoming album Lights, due for release on 29th March 2019. Lights follows Fabrizio’s critically acclaimed album Of Shadows (2017) and his EP In Your Hands (2016). Fabrizio explains the lyrical theme of his song, “Timbuktu, the golden city beyond the desert, is a far and seemingly mythical place, yet it exists! In the story I’m writing a letter to a loved one from this dreamlike city, with the knowledge that I will never know whether the message will reach her”. This weaving of personal autobiography and magical storytelling characterises much of Fabrizio’s work, he is known for conjuring fantasies of light and shadow and telling tales of his experiences of travel across the world as well as stories of growing up in his hometown of Palermo, Sicily.  In terms of his his aspiration for his lyrics and music, Fabrizio explains “for me the process of making and performing music is deeply cathartic, both of positive and negative emotions, it is spiritually cleansing, and I hope that people who engage deeply with what I do can also have such experiences”. Fabrizio has had a packed 2018, when he performed at SXSW and The Great Escape, he has filmed sessions for Paste Magazine and Daytrotter in New York, Crypt Sessions in London and the legendary Studios Ferber in Paris. Fabrizio has shared stages with This is the Kit and Emilíana Torrini and sung on stage with Damien Rice. As well as the brand-new album Lights, coming in March 2019, 30th November 2018 will see the release of the deluxe version of 2017’s Of Shadows that features exclusive additional material, including acoustic re-interpretations as well as live recordings with Berlin based choir Cantus Domus, an ensemble famed for their work with luminaries such as Justin Vernon and Lisa Hannigan, amongst others. The Lights album will be recorded and produced by Dani Castelar (Paolo Nutini/Editors/REM) in Valencia and at Studio Indigo in Palermo, Sicily, a studio that is fast becoming one of the most popular music hubs in Italy. Fabrizio Cammarata releases via 800A/Kartel Music Group worldwide and in Germany/Austria/Switzerland through acclaimed boutique label Haldern Pop Recordings.   Fabrizio Cammarata live performances: 16-22 November 2018 France, Spain, Italy - supporting Villagers 29 November 2018 Barcelona, Spain - Luz de Gas 14 February 2019 Montreal, Canada - Folk Alliance Festival May 2019 – European headline tour    
by C. Storbeck
Pal Sheldon 0 P. Sheldon Contact Information Phone: 615 727 2285 Email: pal@palsheldon.com Style: Singer Songwriter Location: Australian living in Nashville TN How does he sound? Pal writes songs with a social conscience. While lyric is king in his songs the melodies are varied and always accessible.His shows are a roller coaster ride of emotions. Currently working as a duo with bass and backing vocals he is coming to Montreal this year and would love to play your private showcase. See the web site www.palsheldon.com a Note from Pal We had a great time last year in Kansas City and I'm looking froward to playing again this year in your room! Hit me up.
by P. Sheldon
Sunday, December 9, 2018
Double bass, love & mischief - Roberto Cassani (Scotland via Italy) 1 R. Cassani PS - I also do workshops (with my double bass of course) on the importance of Multilingualism in songs. I do that with children from 3 to 103. Sounds bizarre/interesting? Ask me about it when you see me.
by R. Cassani
Saturday, December 8, 2018
Folk-Blues Trio South for Winter (2 vox, cello, guitar, mandolin) 0 South for Winter Thanks for watching our video!     Contact Info Phone: +1 (719) 287-4464 Email:  contact@southforwintermusic.com Category of Folk: Blues, Gypsy, Americana Location: Nashville, New Zealand   Description of Music: With influences such as The Civil Wars, Ben Howard, and The Lumineers, trio South for Winter utilizes cello, mandolin, resonator guitar, and dynamic male-female vocals to create a unique soundscape described as "timeless, yet impossible to define." The trio's distinctive blend of folk, gypsy, jazz and blues has quickly gained attention from stations such as Nashville's 100.1, WDVX's Blue Plate Special, and NPR's High Plains Public Radio. The trio has release 2 EP's, completed a 15-state tour, and begun writing and recording its first full-length studio album less than 18 months from being formed.   "It’s difficult to believe that the Nashville, Tennessee, trio South for Winter have been together for only a year... The band have created an adept, genre-blending style of acoustic music that seems like it would’ve taken years to perfect. You’ll hear folk, blues, jazz, and gypsy music in what they do, with Stradal’s mournful cello undergirding Stone’s and Cichon’s weaving vocal harmonies through tight, complex rhythms that never become inaccessible. " - The Greenville Journal, 2018   Booking Goals: We will be booking for summer 2019 along the west coast of the US, as well as throughout the midwest US and Michigan. In 2020, we'll be planning tours throughout the UK, Europe, Australia/NZ, and Canada. We'd love to play your private showcase, contact us! Check out our website for more info.
by South for Winter
Thursday, December 6, 2018
Findlay Napier- Scotland- Singer Songwriter 0 F. Napier FINDLAY NAPIER WANTS TO PLAY YOUR SHOWCASE "... one of the finest songwriters and storytellers of the contemporary Scottish folk scene." Folk Radio UK "Coming on like a Caledonian Loudon Wainwright." Acoustic Magazine PHONE: +447989332407 EMAIL: info@findlaynapier.com CATEGORY OF FOLK: Singer Songwriter/Scottish/Storytelling/Comedy/Teaching Artist BIOGRAPHY: As defined in the title of his remarkable 2015 solo debut VIP: Very Interesting Persons (No.2 in the Daily Telegraph’s top dozen folk albums that year), Scottish singer-songwriter Findlay Napier categorically commands musical VIP status. He turned those same supreme songwriting and storytelling gifts, allied with magpie-minded imagination and truly magnificent vocals, to his adoptive home town, on VIP’s hotly anticipated follow-up, Glasgow released in October 2017. In 2018 Napier was nominated for Live Act of the Year in the 2018 Scot's Trad Music Awards, the first solo act to be nominated in the award's 16 year history. As a teaching artist Findlay runs Glasgow Songwriting Festival and songwriting retreats at Moniack Mhor Creative Writing Centre in the Highlands of Scotland. Working with Vox Limninus and Feis Rois he has worked on songwriting and music making projects with prisoners, prisoner's families, prison officers and prison support staff in prisons across Scotland. He teaches ukulele to humans of all ages.  "Top honours were shared by Scotland's Findlay Napier and Quebec's La Vent Du Nord. Napier puts his especially muscular, grittily raw yet brilliantly nuanced voice, to both comic and emotive effect and allies it with some of the most fabulous (literally and figuratively) original songs that anyone's writing today." Live Review from Orkney Folk Festival 2018 FRUK OFFICIAL SHOWCASE: Thursday 14th Feb Lhasa Room 1600-1630 BOOKING GOALS: I have two representatives with me at Folk Alliance: UK Agent: Gail Cooke gail@laughingdogmusic.co.uk Canada Agent: Shelley Chase info@garrisonhillentertainment.com #1- I would like to build on my 2018 Summer tour of Canada by touring and securing festivals in 2019. #2- I am touring with Rebecca Loebe in California in October 2019. We would like to build on the 10 dates we already have. I would like to work more in the USA. It would be useful to line up enough work from 2019 into 2020 to apply for a year long visa. #3- I would like to like to find acts to tour with as a double bill (co-bill) in UK, Europe and North America. I currently work with Megan Henwood (UK) and Rebecca Loebe (USA). 
by F. Napier
Thursday, December 6, 2018
MOXIE - Neo Irish Music Private Showcase Invites 0 Moxie MOXIE are ready to present their genre defining, boundary busting Neo-Irish Music to the world      ’Irresistible, revolutionary energy’   The Irish Times  ★★★★★ "MOXIE is the music of a new era, where fluidity, cross-pollination, and innovation are the future and salvation of Irish music." -The Irish Examiner  ★★★★       5 young lads with traditional backbones deliver a new brand of Irish music heavily influenced by Electro, Jazz, House, and Rock putting them at the forefront of new music from Ireland. Delivering an energetic, wild and unique live show, Moxie have been inspiring audiences and musicians with their new palette of 21st century Irish music. The band includes Cillian Doheny (tenor banjo/guitar/electric guitar), Jos Kelly (button accordion/keyboard), Darren Roche (button accordion/percussion/keyboards), Ted Kelly (tenor banjo/electric tenor guitar) and Josh Sampson (drums).
by Moxie
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
The Wanted 0 The Wanted The WantedContact info: The Wanted, generally a 5-piece band, will be performing as a trio at FAI. Live Performance Video: https://youtu.be/Tj5NyDZ6Fq0 Contact Info: Richard Henderson Phone: 1 905 985 9822 Email: richard@thewanted.ca Website: https://thewanted.ca/ Category of Folk: Roots/Americana Home base: Toronto About the Music: “The Wanted embrace early country music, blues, bluegrass and rockabilly, combining vocal harmonies, great musicianship and original material for a fresh take on a genre that’s long overdue for a revival. Think of them as the Carter Family meets Chuck Berry. Their show will transport you to another era, so hop on board for a great ride.” - Mariposa Folk Festival Booking Goals: The Wanted CD tracks are performing well in both North America and Europe and have been streamed over 275,000 times on Spotify. We believe that mounting a more extensive touring program is now warranted. We are therefore looking for management and agency support to further that strategy and to build relationships with presenters in North America and Europe.   And we'd be delighted to participate in your private showcase room! Thanks very much!
by The Wanted
Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Rose-Erin Stokes - Private Showcase Application 0 R. Stokes   Phone: 705-477-8813 Email: roseerinstokes@gmail.com Web: https://www.roseerinstokes.com/ Category of Folk: Singer-Songwriter Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada Description of Music: -Recipient of two Northern Ontario Music and Film Awards:  ‘Best Songwriter’ 2017 / ‘Best Vocals on a Recording’ 2015. ‘With Wherever I Go, Stokes has demonstrated a dynamic range of emotional textures as an artist, from vulnerability, quiet hopefulness to graceful sad resignation and much more, all beautifully bound up with tasteful, ethereal melodies.’ Booking Goals: I am currently booking eastern Canada for spring 2019, central/ western Canada for summer and fall 2019 and am looking to tour in Europe in spring 2020.
by R. Stokes
Blair Dunlop (UK) FAI Private Showcase interest. 0 Blair Dunlop   Blair Dunlop will be at FAI Montreal 2019 for official showcase on  Saturday, February 16  5:45 pm-6:15 pm  Stan Rogers Room   From the start, Blair Dunlop’s albums have enjoyed critical acclaim, with each one expanding his musical horizons, his audience and his prodigious songwriting gifts. Now, with the release of his fourth album, Notes From An Island, it’s obvious that he remains consumed by the urge to make music. "I’m kinda buzzin’," is how he describes his enthusiasm for this album. "The initial reaction has been so amazing."   Coming from a man still in his mid-20s, whose debut album, Blight & Blossom, won the coveted Horizon Award at the 2013 BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards, whose 2010 debut EP is now a collector’s item and who was declared the “vital bridge between Brit folk's first and latest flowerings” by Q magazine, these are strong sentiments indeed.   Blair is the son of UK Folk Musicians Judy Dunlop and Ashley Hutchings (Fairport Convention, Albion Band)
by Blair Dunlop
Rachel Newton - Voice&Harp - Scotland 0 R. Newton   Rachel Newton (Solo) - Voice and Harp - Scotland   Phone +44 7787188919 Email info@rachelnewtonmusic.com  website www.rachelnewtonmusic.com   Scottish singer, harpist and BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards Musician of the Year 2017 reinterprets traditional songs in both English and Scottish Gaelic alongside her own instrumental compositions. 
by R. Newton
Gathering Sparks 2 E. Goldberg Eve, I see my email isn't on our FAI profile: richard@thewanted.ca
by The Wanted
Monday, December 3, 2018

Folk Alliance International, 601 Avenida Cesar E Chavez Suite #100, Kansas City MO 64108 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Privacy Policy

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal