DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Private Showcase Artists
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Howard Gladstone Locked Topic 0 H. Gladstone An Invitation: Howard Gladstone at Folk Alliance  Howard Gladstone Private Showcases/ Folk Alliance 2019 Friday February 15:       12:10- 12:30am Friday February 15:       10:55- 11:15pm Saturday February 16:  10:55- 11:15pm Room 572 (VK Artists) Howard Gladstone is a modern folk troubadour who sings his poetic song lyrics about love, hope, optimism and desire in a gentle way recall(ing) artists like Tim Hardin and Leonard Cohen -  Rootstime, Belgium Howard’s 5th album, Hourglass: "an emblematic album, embracing the tradition of the troubadour and the philosophy of the searcher, flow with romantic imagery"  - Paul Corby, Corby's Orbit   Howard is appearing solo at Folk Alliance.  Also performs as Duo or Trio with pianist/vocalist Laura Fernandez, and guitarist Tony Quarrington.   - Howard Gladstone, Toronto, Ontario.   www.howardgladstone.com email:  howard_gladstone@rogers.com 
by H. Gladstone
Monday, February 11, 2019
Howard Gladstone Locked Topic 0 H. Gladstone An Invitation: Howard Gladstone at Folk Alliance  Friday February 15:       12:10- 12:30am Friday February 15:       10:55- 11:15pm Saturday February 16:  10:55- 11:15pm Room 572 (VK Artists) Howard Gladstone is a modern folk troubadour who sings his poetic song lyrics about love, hope, optimism and desire in a gentle way recall(ing) artists like Tim Hardin and Leonard Cohen -  Rootstime, Belgium  Howard’s 5th album, Hourglass, is described as ” an emblematic album, embracing the tradition of the troubadour and the philosophy of the searcher, Hourglass flows with flourishes of insight and romantic imagery. "– Paul Corby, Corby’s Orbit  Howard is appearing solo at Folk Alliance.  Also performs as Duo or Trio with pianist/vocalist Laura Fernandez, and guitarist Tony Quarrington.   - Howard Gladstone, Toronto, Ontario.  
by H. Gladstone
Monday, February 11, 2019
Beasley Locked Topic 0 J. Beasley  Contact Info: Phone: 270-316-2774  Email: Beasley.com@gmail.com Category of Folk: Singer / Songwriter Location: Seattle, Washington, U.S.A.  Description of Music         Pointedly critical yet hopeful, I write songs that use a wide dynamic range to offer a strong melody, a biting criticism, and a chorus you'll find yourself singing which calls the listener to live more honestly hopeful.         I am based out of Seattle, WA and I love sharing my music and would love to perform at your House Concert, Listening Room, Festival, Small Theater, or Music Centered Bar in the U.S.A and Abroad.         You can hear more of my music on my website @ BEASLEYDOTCOM.com
by J. Beasley
Thursday, February 7, 2019
Nathan & Jessie for last minute PGS? Locked Topic 0 Nathan & Jessie Hey All! Jazzy folk duo from California, Nathan & Jessie, here!  We are excited to see you all in Montreal and since we were late to register, we didn't land any pgs.   If you have any cancellations or room for us to play, keep us posted. Here is a live vid and a link to our website: http://www.nathanandjessie.com/   Here are links to our music"
by Nathan & Jessie
Monday, February 4, 2019
Arctic Soul from Nunavut Locked Topic 0 Brendan Doherty Josh Q. and The Trade-Offs from Iqaluit, Nunavut will be at FAI 2019, their first FAI conference ever. Josh Q. will be opening for Buffy St. Marie on Feb. 16 and the group has 2 additional showcases.The group would like to play a few more showcases so if you are looking to bring some sounds from the Arctic to your showcase please contact me. You won't regret it! Check out The Trade-Offs on spotify, apple music etc. and their music video in the link! - Brendan     
by Brendan Doherty
Monday, February 4, 2019
Caves & Clouds Locked Topic 0 E. Harris     Contact:  E.W. Harris Phone: +1(706)-296-2782 Email: cavesandclouds@gmail.com Category of Folk: Indie Folk Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA   Bio: Formed in the winter of 2016, Caves & Clouds is the collaborative project of veteran songwriters E.W. Harris and Jo Kroger. Known for their precise and dramatic vocal harmonies and dark (often political) lyricism, Caves & Clouds are a regular feature in the Brooklyn songwriting scene. Aside from releasing their debut album "The Winter of our Discontent" in the spring of 2017 (and of course touring on it in the US and UK), Caves & Clouds was honored to have been selected to perform as a headliner for the 2018 Big City Folk Festival in New York City. To find out more visit www.cavesandclouds.com    Booking Goals:   For the Conference: Due to extenuating circumstances, we were unable to pursue booking private showcases until literally right now, but will be in attendance for all of the conference and would love to to any cancellations or fill-ins that might be available.    Beyond the Conference: We would really like to become involved in a partnership with an artist booking agency, as we feel that bringing in outside expertise is an excellent way to grow our project. Other that that, we are particularly interested in engaging the house show community. We are ideologically really in sync with the whole scene and would love to become involved further.                
by E. Harris
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
"We're Sorry Canada" showcase wants applications Locked Topic 2 M. Glick I also just emailed ya sir!
by E. Harris
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Naomi Sommers Locked Topic 0 N. Sommers Contact Phone: 607-379-3501 Contact Email: naomisommers@gmail.com Singer-Songwriter BIO:  Naomi Sommers grew up performing with her parents and brother in the Sommers Rosenthal Family Band. She has sung and played flute, banjo, and guitar on more than 20 records released on her father Phil’s American Melody label, has recorded three albums under her own name, as well as one with old-time country slow-grass duo Gray Sky Girls. Naomi’s most recent album, “Gentle As The Sun”, was recorded in Nashville, produced by the acclaimed musician/producer Jim Rooney (John Prine, Iris Dement, Nanci Griffith, Bonnie Raitt).  Jim’s enthusiasm over Naomi’s songs and her voice prompted him to end a hiatus from the music business to make this record.  The album was engineered by David Fergusson (Johnny Cash/Rick Rubin) and features a backup band of some of Nashville’s finest musicians. “Gentle As the Sun” was released by Continental Records in the Netherlands, and received stellar reviews & radio airplay in the UK and Europe. Naomi lived in Germany for 9 years, but is now back in the US, based in Ithaca, NY.  In addition to performing solo, Naomi plays in a trio with her father and brother, melding jazz (brother Daniel plays trumpet) and bluegrass (father Phil is an accomplished bluegrass musician and songwriter). They released an album "Down The Road" in 2016.  http://www.naomisommers.com   BOOKING GOALS: Performances in venues, community series, libraries, house concerts, festivals, schools.
by N. Sommers
Sunday, January 20, 2019
Need Bass for Hire at Private Showcases Locked Topic 0 N. Beaudoing   Hi, I'm looking for a bass player to back me up on a few private showcases in Montreal in February.  I have charts and mp3's to send and will pay for your time. If interested contact me at runnerofthewoodsmusic@gmail.com Thanks! Nick
by N. Beaudoing
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Edgar Breau and Colina Phillips private showcase Locked Topic 0 E. Breau EDGAR BREAU AND COLINA PHILLIPS COMBINED BIOS   Edgar Breau’s song writing encompasses haunting acoustic landscapes woven with poetic lyricism, “short stories with developed characters, marvelous, laid back sound, trippy and rewarding” Bob Mersereau. Singer/songwriter, Edgar Breau also founded and fronts the internationally acclaimed Canadian cult band Simply Saucer, Hamilton Music Award/Baby Nova. Colina Phillips career is multi-genre work with short-listers Bryan Adams, Ronnie Hawkins, Celine Dion, Ronnie Prophet, Marc Jordan, Bruce Cockburn; a JUNO nomination/Kaleefah; a Gold Record/Sway; a directorial debut at TIFF/Making Change. Jazz CD Blue Mood captures Phillips’ vocal artistry and original songs. Edgar Breau’s haunting melodies and vigorous guitar playing mashes with Colina Phillips’ vocal prowess and percussion to create vibrant performances, together.   Phone: 289-440-2590  Edgar             416-895-4848  Colina Email: breauscr@hotmail.com Edgar              colina.phillips@sympatico.ca   Colina   Catagory of Folk :  Singer/Songwriter multi genre/fusion Official Private Showcase : The Hammer Comes Down Room 461 Times:Wed. 11:30 p.m             Thu. 12:50 a.m.             Fri.   11:50 p.m.             Sat.    10.50 p.m.  Booking Goals: We are setting up an east coast Canada tour and a separate one in Michigan. We would love to tour in Europe as well. Open to all opportunities in North America and Europe.
by E. Breau
Thursday, January 17, 2019
Northern Hearts Locked Topic 0 S. Linton   Contact Info Phone: 905-269-1520 Email: northernheartsband@gmail.com Category of Folk: acoustic folk-rock Location: Cobourg, Ontario Description: Canadian indie folk-rock duo Northern Hearts blends classically trained vocals with ingenious guitarwork to create acoustic magic. Hailing from Northumberland County, Ontario, songstress Shannon Linton and guitarist Steve Jones grew up together, but existed universes apart. Linton notes, “Steve and I knew of each other way back in high school, but he was in a metal band and I was a choir girl taking singing lessons, so he intimidated the crap out of me.” As adults, Linton—now with opera chops—and Jones, master of lightning riffs, reunited and found they had much in common; their differing backgrounds only lending to their synergy as performers. Their fusion of powerful vocals and storied guitar reaches deep into the emotional heart of the blues, but with a folk-rock sensibility that allows listeners to feel the personal in the universal. Northern Hearts is busy performing and recording, and 2019 will mean the release their self-titled debut EP. Website: https://northernhearts.wixsite.com/northernheartsband   Thank you for watching our video!
by S. Linton
Thursday, January 17, 2019
Diemm: Chamber folk, harp & vocals Locked Topic 0 D. McLennan Ethereal and grounded chamber folk.  Diemm plays original material on folk harp, with crystalline vocals and lyrics like arrows. Diemm is a harper, singer, songwriter and spoken word poet. Her poetry tugs you into the liminal place between conscious and subconscious mind. Diemm released her debut album (eleven songs and three poems with music) Sept 2018, featuring critically acclaimed folk roots musician Oliver Swain on bass and world percussionist Ben Johnson on percussion. www.diemm.ca It’s a last minute decision for Diemm to attend FAI 2019!! Any last minute showcase opportunities would be lovely. Diemm would love to play your private showcase.  Phone: 250-353-3412 Email: diemm.music@gmail.com Category of Folk: original Chamber Folk Location: BC Canada Booking Goals: Interested in finding a booking agent, folk festival bookings, bookings for Western Canada. To entertain is one thing; to enrich is another. Diemm plays for that one resonant chord that opens a cascade of ‘yes’ inside you.
by D. McLennan
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Polky Village Band Locked Topic 0 Polky Village Band   Contact Info: Phone:+1 647-710-5513 Email: polkyvillageband@gmail.com Category of Folk: Traditional / Indie polka Location: Toronto Description of Music: Created by courageous Polish ladies and fronted by singer Ewelina Ferenc, Polky Village Band is not your typical "polka band" but an authentic and energetic Polish-Canadian folk music group. By adding a uniquely Canadian, multicultural flavour, the band brings their own original sound to traditional forms. Booking Goals: We will be booking for 2019 in Western Canada tour. We're also booking for Europe in 2020. We love to connect with presenters at your showcase.  We'd love to play your private showcase, contact us! Check out https://polkyband.com/ for more info.
by Polky Village Band
Monday, January 14, 2019
Charlie Mosbrook Locked Topic 0 C. Mosbrook Charl I am seeking private showcase opportunities 1-216-702-5983   booking@charliemosbrook.com Original and traditional folk- solo performer Cleveland, Ohio USA www.charliemosbrook.com Bio:   Charlie Mosbrook is an award-winning songwriter, performer, and advocate for American folk music. Beginning his career in 1988 as a street musician, he quickly became a popular open mic host throughout Northeast Ohio. From these early roots he nurtured his songwriting, musicianship, and stagecraft and today performs for major festivals and concert series throughout the US. His recordings of original and traditional songs have earned him rotation on many popular folk radio programs around the world. As a folk music advocate Charlie continues to organize local open mics and serves as the president for Folknet and vice president to FARM (Folk Alliance Region Midwest) In the summer of 2018 Charlie’s song “Remember Who We Are” earned him 2nd place in the Woody Guthrie Folk Festival Songwriting contest. The honor included an invitation to perform on the main-stage during the festival. The recognition highlighted a long history of helping to continue the legacy of Guthrie’s music including a performance at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum during its week-long conference in 1996 titled Hard Travelin’: The Life and Legacy of Woody Guthrie. That performance received a credit in Robert Santelli’s book by the same name. Charlie has led Woody Guthrie workshops and performed his songs for schools, festivals, and libraries across the country. The Library of Congress American Folk Life Center has recorded Charlie performing Guthrie’s song “I Ain’t Got No Home”. Goals:I am hoping to expand my radio presence. book house concerts, concert series, and festivals throughout North America.
by C. Mosbrook
Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Gus La Casse- trad fiddler Locked Topic 0 G. La Casse Described as a folk fiddler with both speed and savage energy, Gus La Casse’s repertoire reflects his innovative spirit and dedication to the Cape Breton and Acadian fiddle traditions, playing both standards of the genre and his original material.Based in Downeast Maine, Gus maintains an active performance schedule as a solo artist and with other musicians including guitarist Peter Lindquist.Gus’ music has also taken him beyond Maine. He was the 2014 student in residence at The Acadia School of Traditional Music, appearing on the Canadian international television broadcast from the Congrès Mondial Acadien 2014. He traveled to Ireland as part of the Young Tradition Vermont touring group in 2016, and has enjoyed playing the legendary Club Passim in Cambridge, MA.  This summer Gus was a featured performer at the 2018 American Folk Festival in Bangor, Maine.   “…a natural-born fiddle player…whose energy would power a small city.”-Peter Sutherland, Artistic Director, Young Tradition Vermont     www.guslacasse.com/ www.facebook.com/guslacassefiddler www.instagram.com/guslacasse/ www.youtube.com/channel/UCMa7kHUEmqfxklIMMCDta-g CONTACT INFO gus.lacasse@outlook.com 1-207-460-1729 Trenton, Maine, USA  
by G. La Casse
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
EMERALD RAE | Fiddler & Folksinger Locked Topic 0 E. Rae   CONTACT:: 508-574-5035 emerald@emeraldrae.com Singer-Songwriter Gloucester, Massachusetts, USA   WEBSITE:: www.emeraldrae.com   FALCON RIDGE EMERGING ARTIST 2018:: "A spell-caster of no small skill" - Duane Verh, Roots Music Report   Hailing from the historic fishing town of Gloucester, Massachusetts, Emerald Rae is both a small-town girl steeped in cherished traditions and a world-class artist breaking new ground with her sophisticated approach to rhythmic and percussive fiddling. Her direct and intimate style of singing infuses her songs with a powerful immediacy while her extraordinary chops transform the fiddle into anything from bagpipes to flamenco or electric guitar, slap bass or ukulele. Her voice, alternately high and honeyed then gutsy and soulful, delivers a vocal range that encompasses both wind and sea, animal and etheric.      
by E. Rae
Monday, January 7, 2019
Emily Anderson - Pun Lover & Alaskan Singer-Songstress Locked Topic 0 E. Anderson Contact Phone - 907-347-7176 Email - emilyandersonak@gmail.com Genre - Indie/Pop Folk Location - Fairbanks, AK & Los Angeles, CA Website - emilyandersonak.com Biography Like stumbling into a rose garden on a trek through the arctic, listeners of Emily’s music find themselves lifted into a world so hauntingly familiar, yet enchantingly curious. With a voice of untouchable purity and poignant lyricism Emily cradles matters of the human heart with an almost impossible sweetness. She released a full-length album funded by a generous grant from the Rasmuson Foundation, “Simple Things” in 2017. What People are Saying “Emily Anderson’s music is pure and could serve as the soundtrack to awaken one’s spirit. It offers a bright light where there is darkness and exposes Anderson’s visionary world.” – Robert Foran III, Anchorage Press “Emily Anderson’s music shatters the imagery you might have of surviving the long dark winters while living in Fairbanks, AK. One might expect dark introspection or a songwriter who bites back at life, but the songs on ‘Simple Things’ are warm and emotive while holding a strong conviction that will keep you listening to these smartly written stories. Listener response has been strong and they want to know how to get the CD so they can hear more!” -Loren Dixon, Director of Programming 90.3 KNBA, Music Matters Booking Goals Currently booking tours mostly on the west coast of the US, eastern Canada, and Alaska. Interested in expanding to reach audiences in Colorado, Utah, Arizona and the Midwest, as well as expanding reach in eastern Canada.
by E. Anderson
Saturday, January 5, 2019
Jay Pollmann Locked Topic 0 J. Pollmann   Catagory of Folk: Foot Stompin' Rootsy Blues Location: Hamilton Ontario Canada Phone: 905-537-2238 Email: jay@jaypollmann.com Website: www.jaypollmann.com Bio:  p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; text-align: justify; font: 15.0px Helvetica} Born in Hamilton Ontario and raised just outside the small town of Cayuga, Jay Pollmann has created his own unique ‘Foot Stompin’ Rootsy Blues’ sound produced through the use of his acoustic guitar, brass slide, harmonicas, and of course the stomp of his feet. Although Jay channels many styles and influences, he prefers not to model or mimic himself after other artists; he likes to keep his sound organic, original, raw and full of energy.   EPK: https://www.jaypollmann.com/epk-1 Booking Goals: Eastern Canada 2019 and reach new markets in Western Canada and the US in late 2019/ early 2020.  Looking to take full advantage of my time at Folk Alliance, I would be thrilled to connect with you and the chance to play at your showcase.   Thanks for your time.                               
by J. Pollmann
Friday, January 4, 2019
Private Showcase Locked Topic 0 S. Ajnnak    Sara Ajnnak Contact Info Phone:+46 70 2094306 Email: info@saraajnnak.com Category of Folk: Indigenous, world Location: Sweden Description of Music: Sara Ajnnak is a sami artist based in north of Sweden. Trough the yoik, her music has a unique expression. Her strength as a performer is the way she communicates emotions through her voice. Sara creates something personal, the traditional mixed with oriental strings, electronic elements and world music.   Booking Goals: For 2012 in Eastern Canada and the North East of the US. I love to connect with presenters at your showcase.  I'd love to play your private showcase, please reply to me! Check out my website for more info.  
by S. Ajnnak
Friday, January 4, 2019
Katie Sontag, Heart Songs to Touch Our Tenderness Locked Topic 0 K. Sontag Contact Info Phone: 707-354-2730 Email: katharine.sontag@gmail.com Website: www.katiesontag.com Category of Folk: new-age, indie, home-grown Location: Eugene, OR Description of Music: Katie Sontag writes songs for her own healing and transformation and seeks to inspire the same in others. Her voice trembles with the truth of human emotion as her songwriting goes on a journey into the depth of her personal growth experience. Utilizing both human relationships and the beauty of nature as her primary muses, Katie writes beautiful songs that will touch your heart and leave you feeling better then when you came. Listening to her music has been described as receiving "a big hug". She draws mainly from the Folk tradition with some Indie influence as well. She is also the lead vocalist and songwriter for her band, Temple Under the Stars.  Booking Goals: Katie is looking to book solo in 2019, and at this time is flexible about when and where that is. She is interested in the Mid-West/East Coast of the US in June and in the Pacific Northwest and West Coast March through May as well as July through September. She is also interested in international touring as she learns more about the industry. Katie is great for small, intimate venues and listening environments where the audience will be moved by her music. She would love to connect with presenters at your showcase.  Feel free to contact Katie! Check out www.katiesontag.com for more info.
by K. Sontag
Friday, January 4, 2019

Folk Alliance International, 601 Avenida Cesar E Chavez Suite #100, Kansas City MO 64108 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Privacy Policy

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal