DONATE NOW   |   Print Page   |   Report Abuse   |   Sign In   |   Become a Member
Private Showcase Artist Forum (2020)
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Example! - The Weavers Locked Topic 0 J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International Thanks for watching our video! Contact Info Phone: 555-555-5555 Email: noreply@folk.org Category of Folk: Traditional Location: New York Description of Music: We're an American folk music quartet based in the Greenwich Village area of New York City. We sing traditional folk songs from around the world, as well as blues, gospel music, children's songs, labor songs, and American ballads.  Booking Goals: We will be booking for a 2020 European Tour as well as dates all around the US in 2021. We'd love to connect with presenters of all types in your showcase room. We'd love to play your private showcase, contact us! Check out our website for more info.
by J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
*INSTRUCTIONS - Read this if you want to get booked. Locked Topic 0 J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International The purpose of this forum is to provide a list of artists, regularly updated, and sent to private showcase presenters for review. The presenters are sent a digest of the new posts every week to review. Before you create a post for your act, read the instructions below and review the "Example - Weavers" post. (To create a post for your act) STEP 1: sign into your profile, go to the forum page (under NEWS) and click on the Private Showcase Artist Forum, then "New Topic".    *In the digest sent to presenters, the first thing you type gets sent to them in a condensed version, so we recommend the following template to get your info to presenters clearly. See the "Example! - The Weavers" post. Step 2: Subject: Your Act's Name Step 3: Attach Video: Paste the EMBED CODE from your video (the embed code is not the url link) Step 4: Contact Phone, Contact Email, Category of Folk, Location Step 5: A Biography or description of your music and a link to your website or EPK. Step 6: Any Booking Goals you may have during the conference. DO NOT Attach any additional items like photos or videos. No presenter is downloading anything. Put the info in the post and EMBED A VIDEO IN THE LINK ABOVE THE EDITOR. In order to keep presenters from being flooded and overwhelmed by artist emails, we do not post contact info for the presenters unless that ask us to. This post is your best line of communication with them. Make sure to check for errors, and monitor your contact information closely. Good Luck! ~ FAI Team
by J. Rivers, Folk Alliance International
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Big Cedar Fever 0 G. Parker Phone- 512-557-3406 Email- bigcedarfeverbooking@gmail.com Category- traditional western/texas swing, jazz, country, two-step, songwriter Location: Central Texas https://www.bigcedarfever.com/ Big Cedar Fever is the 2019 Ameripolitan Western Swing Band of the year. This trio has a great blend of original songs and traditional western swing standards that are full of three part vocal harmonies and interesting instrumental arrangements. Booking goals: Big Cedar Fever plans to tour nationally and internationally in 2020 and 2021. We would love to serenade your showcase room!
by G. Parker
13 hours ago
Joe Matzzie 0 J. Matzzie (323)828-9105 joe@joematzzie.com Category of Folk: Americana Location: Los Angeles California I am a guitarist, vocalist and songwriter. I have been surrounded by acoustic music my whole life, playing it since the age of 5, performing live since 10, writing songs and recording since 14. I also plays Hammered Dulcimer and Mandolin professionally. Music Connection Magazine described my voice as "a signature, highregister rasp that conveys the ever-present feeling of love in his lyrics". I grew up in Pittsburgh, spent 8 years in New York City and and now lives in Los Angeles. I was also a member of the Early Music group Mince Pye that performed at Renaissance fairs and events throughout the Northeast and released 2 wildly acclaimed albums. I would be delighted to perform at your showcase. My goals are to find performance opportunities throughout the United States and internationally.
by J. Matzzie
17 hours ago
Buffalo Rose 0 Buffalo Rose   Buffalo Rose Contact information Phone - 540-383-5752 Email - buffalorosemusic@gmail.com Booking email - gingerrootsagency@gmail.com Booking phone - 320-333-9935 Category of Folk - Modern Location - Pittsburgh, PA   Combining a variety of influences and musical styles, we blend folk, soul, and bluegrass into something amorphously Americana, but decidedly our own.  With three part vocal harmony as the centerpiece of our group backed by traditional bluegrass instrumentation, we like to push and explore the sonic landscapes we can create while holding on to the personal and vulnerable traditions of folk music.   We would love to perform at your showcase!  Please contact us through our booking email or via phone.  Check out our website for more information and music.  
by Buffalo Rose
22 hours ago
McKain Lakey 0 M. Lakey   Phone: (360)540-4779 Email: contactmac@mckainlakey.com Category of Folk: Old-Time/Americana/Singer-songwriter Location: Mountain View, AR     Biography: I am a songwriter and multi-instrumentalist currently based out of Mountain View, AR. I play a combination of Old Time and original music. I would love to play your showcase! Full bio below. Songwriter, performer, teacher, luthier, and sound engineer – McKain Lakey knows every inch of themusician life. With voice, banjo, fiddle, and her handcrafted guitar, Lakey draws her creative inspirationfrom the American folk tradition, touring nationally with her patented mix of old-time tunes and new-rootsoriginals. These originals exist wherever the imagination of John Hartford flows into the grit of HazelDickens—in the beating heart of contemporary Americana, forever old and new, described by What’s UpMagazine as “a time capsule unearthed, fine-tuned and re-imagined.” Lakey is also an accomplished musiceducator and audio engineer, exploring the power of sound from every angle and letting that experienceshine through her compositions. Following the success of her debut EP “West,” Lakey is currently writing a full-length studio album, expected in 2020.   Booking Goals: I am currently working on a national tour summer 2020, in support of my forth-coming album. Additional plans for a UK tour spring 2021.    
by M. Lakey
Thursday, October 3, 2019
Birch Pereira & the Gin Joints 0 Birch Pereira & the Gin Joints   Phone: 206-940-3911 Email: Bookingtheginjoints@gmail.com Category of Folk: Americana/Swing/Rock 'n' Roll/Blues Location: Seattle   Description of Music: To step into the soundscape of Birch Pereira & the Gin Joints is to have your fingers on a veritable radio dial. With deep sonic roots in virtually every style of mid-20th century American music - from americana to blues to jazz, soul and vintage rock ’n’ roll - the versatile Seattle-based band offers a rangy dial’s worth of songs for audiences who want to sock-hop in poodle skirts one minute, rock out to hot guitar licks the next and later hug their honeys under the stars as a car stereo plays into the night. Birch Pereira & the Gin Joints are a popular Northwest band who perform extensively on the West Coasts of the US and Canada with recurring gigs in New York City, New Orleans and Los Angeles as well. In 2016 their first album, Dream Man, won Earshot Jazz Society’s "Northwest Jazz Recording of the Year" and in 2017 & 2018 Birch was nominated as "Vocalist of the Year". Their second album "Western Soul," which features western-tinged jazz and soul originals, was released in March 2018 and received enthusiastic reviews from No Depression, PopMatters, JazzIs and steady airplay on a diverse array of stations in the Northwest and beyond, including KEXP, KNKX KBCS, WVPR, KBOO and many others.  www.theginjointsband.com Conference Goals: Having dug deep into the Northwest scene (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, British Columbia) we have been expanding our presence around the country attending SWRFA-FARWEST-NERFA and will be at FAI for the first time this year. We are attending to make friends with other bands, radio deejays, theatres, house concert venues in new regions for us.    
by Birch Pereira & the Gin Joints
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
This Way North (Australia) 0 L. Jungalwalla   Contact Info Phone: +6143820565 Email: cat@thebookingstable.com Category of Folk:Indie Rock Roots  Location: Yackendandah, Australia Description of Music: Hello! We are This Way North! Leisha and Cat! We've been living on the road the past 2 1/2 years touring in Australia, New Zealand and Canada.  STYLE: High energy rock, indie pop, roots  INSTRUMENTATION: vocals, drums, electric guitar, slide guitar INFLUENCES: Black Keys, Bahamas, Michelle Ndegeocello,  RELEASES:  EP Vol. 1 (2016) EP Vol. 2 (2018) AWARDS: 2018 Music Victoria Award for Best Regional Act, Unsigned Only International Songwriting Competition Finalist Booking Goals: Target Markets for 2020/2021: UK, Europe, Japan, Canada. Target show types: Festivals, concert series, good profile support slots. We would love to connect with festivals, agents, venues and labels in those regions, in particular, but also within the folk festival arena generally, to build relationships to help put a team together for our international touring. Please have a look at our website www.thiswaynorth.com where you can find more videos and music links.
by L. Jungalwalla
Friday, September 27, 2019
Jeff Plankenhorn & Scrappy Jud Newcomb Duo 0 Spike Steel Music/Empyreal Instruments/Lounge Side Records Category of Folk: Americana Jeff Plankenhorn and Scrappy Jud Newcomb have played together for the last 10 years in The Resentments. They have toured together as a duo across the United States and Japan. Their show will feature songs that they have written together, as well as their separate original music.  Jeff Plankenhorn Website: http://jeffplankenhorn.com Scrappy Jud Newcomb Website: http://www.scrappyjud.com/   Contact: Management: Jake Turner // jake@vatxentertainment.com Booking: Dan Kuklinski // dan@atomicmusicgroup.com  
by Spike Steel Music/Empyreal Instruments/Lounge Side Records
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Winterlark 0 S. Schragg   Winterlark is a San Francisco Bay Area acoustic folk-jazz duo who write songs that blend saudade, American soul, string band swing, and Celtic folk influences: Sweeney E. Schragg, guitar and vocals Kristin Olson, upright bass and vocals As a trio with drummer Chris Haskett, Winterlark released a debut album, When Does Love Go South?, in mid September 2019. Here is a SoundCloud link to Fortune's Hand from the album: https://soundcloud.com/user-626676424/01-fortunes-hand/s-bgK7e Winterlark plays at small venues in the greater SF Bay Area, both as a trio and a duo, and Kristin and Sweeney are embarking on a road trip in early October 2019 to play at coffee houses between the West Coast and Michigan. They welcome opportunities to play and travel more. The duo will be in New Orleans as First Timers for the FAI conference, and they are eager to play in as many private showcases as they can! The group's website is www.winterlark.com They can be reached at ruby@winterlark.com and by phone 831-423-4034. Thanks!
by S. Schragg
Monday, September 23, 2019
The New Customs 0 E. Cloney   The New Customs Contact Info Phone: 204-997-7489 Email: thenewcustoms@gmail.com Category of Folk: Indie-Folk Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada Description of Music Indie-Folk with an anthemic heart and an Americana backbone. Travels like a duo, sounds like a full band. New album Selling Religion on Government Street available October 4, 2019 in select markets. Booking Goals Target Markets for 2020/2021: Eastern Canada, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Northeast USA. Target show types: Festivals, concert series, good profile support slots. Click HERE for EPK We're interested in your favourite New Orleans spots you've discovered, where to find the best coffee at Folk Alliance, and private showcase appearances.  
by E. Cloney
Saturday, September 7, 2019
Charm of Finches - Australia 0 Charm of Finches Thanks for watching our video!   Contact Info Phone: +61420925851 Email: jowindred@hotmail.com Category of Folk:Indie Folk Location:Melbourne, Australia Description of Music: Hello! We are Mabel and Ivy Windred-Wornes,  a sister duo from Melbourne, Australia. We've been playing the Australian Folk Festival circuit since 2014, when we were young teens. We are now 20 and 17. STYLE: close sibling vocal harmonies, soulful songwriting INSTRUMENTATION: vocals, fiddle, banjo, guitar, ukulele INFLUENCES: Gillian Welch, Agnes Obel, Sufjan Stevens,  First Aid Ki, The Maes (AU) RELEASES:  EP "Home", 2016 debut album "Staring at the Starry Ceiling", 2018 single "The Bridge" late-2019 album"Your Company" AWARDS: 2018 Blues and Roots Radio International Song Contest (Duo Category), 2017 National Folk Festival Young Musicians' Award (Australia), Folk Alliance Australia 2016 & 2018 Young Artist award winner. Booking Goals: Target Markets for 2020/2021: UK, Ireland, Europe, Canada. Target show types: Festivals, concert series, good profile support slots.   We are planning a trip to UK and Europe in June/July/August 2020. We would love to connect with festivals, agents, venues and labels in those regions, in particular, but also within the folk festival arena generally, to build relationships for our future dreams to tour internationally. Can't wait to meet you all! Please have a look at our website, where you can find more videos and music links.
by Charm of Finches
Friday, September 6, 2019
Vinegar Creek Constituency Duo 0 L. DiSanto Contact:  Leo DiSanto: (717)847-1958 leo@vinegarcreekconstituency.com     Variety of folk: roots/ string band/ Amerikindasorta About us: Vinegar Creek Constituency Duo is a high-intensity, mobile satellite unit of the five-piece Vinegar Creek Constituency, Lancaster Pennsylvania’s swashbuckling, pseudo-legendary pioneers of Amerikindasorta string band music. Consisting of Jeff Bryson (aka “The Wolfmandolinist") and Leo DiSanto, the duo has toured throughout the US and Ireland for the past seven years, crooning, howling, and belting out songs that call out from the crossroads of darkness and light and cackle in the face of doom. The Duo has performed at festivals, on street corners, in cafes, bars, nightclubs, beer joints, juke joints, living rooms, backyards, churches, and on one memorable occasion (and for reasons still unknown), at a private concert for an audience of exactly one American alligator in the Okefenokee Swamp of southern Georgia (see the band’s Facebook page for video).    We last attended a Folk Alliance conference as a quintet in 2013, when we performed in an official "quad" showcase at NERFA. Our album Don't Go Back In Time, released that same year, reached the top 40 on the International Folk Dj charts.    It has been too long and we're looking forward to meeting, hearing, and jamming with everyone in New Orleans this year!   Booking goals: we are looking to expand our touring range in the US, Europe, and beyond, and hope to meet some folks who can help us with the logistics of that. We'd be jazzed and honored to perform in your showcase! To learn more about us and find more music and video, you can visit our homepage. Thanks so much, see yall in January! 
by L. DiSanto
Friday, August 23, 2019
Billy Woodward 0 B. Woodward Contact Info Email: billy@billywoodward.com Category of Folk: Roots Singer-Songwriter Location: New York Bio: Billy Woodward is a roots singer-songwriter originally from the southern shores of Maryland and now based in Brooklyn, NY. His unique songwriting and storytelling is a direct result of his life-long adoration of traditional folk/blues, R&B and rock & roll. Woodward has been featured in “Sun Sessions”, after recording his award winning EP, "The Beast In Me", at the legendary Sun Studio in Memphis, TN and is a former cast member of the Broadway musical Million Dollar Quartet.    Music: Single | Backslider EP | The Beast In Me   Booking Goals: I'll be performing solo as a first time attendee of Folk Alliance and will be looking to make connections for bookings in 2020. I'd love to perform at some private showcases so shoot me a line if you're interested - you can also visit my website for more info. www.billywoodward.com  
by B. Woodward
Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Mamma's Marmalade 0 Mamma’s Marmalade   Contact Information Phone: (203) 913-4251 Email: mammas.marmalade@gmail.com Category of Folk: Bluegrass Location: Northampton, MA   A little about us: We are a progressive bluegrass group based in Northampton, a city in western Massachusetts known for it's rich DIY art culture. Our diverse backgrounds in string music both led us to bluegrass music, and inform our eclectic, high-energy, original music. We combine elements of traditional bluegrass and Old Time music - such as tight harmonies, lyrical storytelling, and instrumental improvisation - with elements of protest music, poetry, and early rock'n'roll.    We would love to perform at your showcase. Please contact us through the email or phone above, or check out our website for more information.  You can see a photo of us performing at the Green River Festival below; click thumbnail!      
by Mamma’s Marmalade
Monday, August 12, 2019
Kim Moberg 0 K. Moberg   Contact Info Phone:  508-280-7731 Email: kimmobergmusic@gmail.com Category of Folk: Indie | Singer/Songwriter Location:  Cape Cod, MA | USA Description of Music:  Contemporary Folk About Me: I was born in Juneau, Alaska, the daughter of a classical pianist mother of Alaskan Native Tlingit descent and a US Coast Guard veteran father from Kansas. Music was the constant in my childhood, helping me to adjust to the frequent moves associated with growing up in a military family.  As a teenager, I taught myself to strum and finger pick acoustic guitar covering my favorite artists, but debilitating stage fright kept me from pursuing my dream of becoming a professional performer. In 2014, after a hiatus from music, I set out to overcome that stage fright and wrote my first song. In 2018, my debut cd "Above Ground" reached #23 Folk Alliance International Folk DJ Chart with 2 songs in the Top 20 Best Song category. Later in 2018, I released my single "In December" which peaked at #12 on the Folk Alliance International Folk DJ Chart. I placed first at the 2018 Rose Garden Coffee House Performing Artist Competition and second at the 2018 Linden Tree Coffee House Winter Potpourri. My second cd  "Up Around The Bend" is scheduled for worldwide release in September 2019. "I had the honor last night of being a judge again in the  Rose Garden Coffeehouse Songwriter Competition. Congrats to Kim Moberg who really shone bright last night.  She will be a songwriter to watch in the coming years!  Great songwriting, delivery, musicianship, topics, comfort on the stage and with her audience."  -Robert Haigh, Judge, 2018 Rose Garden Coffee House Songwriter Competition As a First Timer to FAI, I would love to perform at your Private Showcase and share my songs! To hear and learn more about me, please visit my website at www.kimmobergmusic.com. 
by K. Moberg
Sunday, June 9, 2019

Folk Alliance International, 601 Avenida Cesar E Chavez Suite #100, Kansas City MO 64108 • 816-221-FOLK (3655) • fai@folk.org

Privacy Policy

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal